Another Small Luxury Cruiseline for Spring 2019

Perfectionistcruiser

I am enjoying a few days at The Ritz Carlton in Toronto, and note form their in house magazine that they will launch three new small luxury ships, each 149 Suites, all with balcony, in Spring 2019.

Reservations will open in Spring 2018.

Information is limited but imagine they will be cranking up the P R machine in early 2018.

And Scenic, a luxury river boat company, is going Ocean, too. Their new, luxury Scenic Eclipse (228 pax) is due to set sail August 31, 2018. I already have their catalog. Scenic reportedly has an option for a 2nd one that would debut in 2019.

Also, the Crystal Endeavor luxury expedition ship (200 pax) is due to start cruising mid 2019.

BTW, info I have on Ritz Carlton is their first yacht will begin cruising in the 4th quarter 2019, not in Spring 2019.

I am enjoying a few days at The Ritz Carlton in Toronto, and note form their in house magazine that they will launch three new small luxury ships, each 149 Suites, all with balcony, in Spring 2019.

Reservations will open in Spring 2018.

Information is limited but imagine they will be cranking up the P R machine in early 2018.

The PR machine was cranked up around six months ago when they were planning for "late 2019".

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=53365867&postcount=2126

• 4 weeks later...
Checked pricing on Scenic Eclipse. About the same as Silversea except they include excursions. I question whether a 200 passenger ship can be profitable based on both SS and Seabourn going to larger vessels.

I received a Scenic e-mail this morning advertising an 8-day Panama Canal cruise. Pricing was "from $8345 per person." I know it is impossible to do a true apples-apples comparison. But in my experience, that lowest per diem price of >$1000 per person is significantly more than the overwhelming majority of Silversea cruises. It might be more in line with and more comparable to SS expedition pricing, not sure.

I received a Scenic e-mail this morning advertising an 8-day Panama Canal cruise. Pricing was "from $8345 per person." I know it is impossible to do a true apples-apples comparison. But in my experience, that lowest per diem price of >$1000 per person is significantly more than the overwhelming majority of Silversea cruises. It might be more in line with and more comparable to SS expedition pricing, not sure.

Be sure to check on what is included on Scenic as compared to SS....excursions for example.