Ultimate Balcony Dining

Larry613

I treated my parents to this for their 38th wedding anniversary as well as two of our birthdays just a couple of years ago. We were sailing past greece at sunset as we cut into incredible steaks and lobster and it was so perfect! There were 4 of us and we had a Caribe balcony - anything smaller I think would be really tight.

We've done it with four several times - various size balconies including the small mini-suite balcony and it was fine.

We've done it with four several times - various size balconies including the small mini-suite balcony and it was fine.

Guess it’s roomier than being in an A-3 on the Midway? ;)

ABE3 Frank (V-2 Division)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We are a family of 4 sailing in a mini-suite on the Diamond Princess. Two girls ages 8 and 14. Online, you can only pre-book for two. So I made a UBD reservation, having talked with others here that you can change it once onboard to a party of 4.

However, I just spoke with a Princess rep, who suggested because there is SO much food, I could probably just leave the reservation for me and DW, and there would be plenty of food to feed all 4 of us. Hadn't thought of this--just assumed I'd have to make the reservation for all 4.

Anybody done this?

• 2 weeks later...
anyone know how this is any different than room service en suite?
The UBD is carefully timed, with your servers bringing courses up right before serving. With room service in a suite, you order whatever you want off the dining room menu, and it is delivered all at once. The UBD comes with a flower arrangement you get to keep for the rest of the cruise, two cocktails, a half bottle of champagne, and a photograph.

The UBD is carefully timed, with your servers bringing courses up right before serving. With room service in a suite, you order whatever you want off the dining room menu, and it is delivered all at once. The UBD comes with a flower arrangement you get to keep for the rest of the cruise, two cocktails, a half bottle of champagne, and a photograph.

I wonder if there's a discounted price, if you are a non-drinker, like they do for the Chef's Table.:confused:

I haven't heard of a reduced price for nondrinkers. You could get a mocktail instead of a cocktail to start your dinner. And I'm sure someone you meet on the cruise would appreciate the half bottle of champagne.