Wine corkage question

cruizn2escape

You keep the bottles in your room and then take to the dining room when you have dinner. If you don't finish the bottle, they will keep it for you until the next night. Somehow, we always find a way to finish the bottle in one sitting.

On our last cruise, we kept our wine in the cabin until we took a bottle to the dining room. Our wine steward suggested on our next cruise (if we planned on eating about the same time and table in anytime dining) that we could bring all the wine to the dining room at once, and he would bring whichever bottle that we wanted that night. We were on the Zuiderdam. I don’t know if they will do that on all the ships,

On our last cruise, we kept our wine in the cabin until we took a bottle to the dining room. Our wine steward suggested on our next cruise (if we planned on eating about the same time and table in anytime dining) that we could bring all the wine to the dining room at once, and he would bring whichever bottle that we wanted that night. We were on the Zuiderdam. I don’t know if they will do that on all the ships,

They do. You can either take it one bottle at a time if that is what you want, or, you can nip down with bottles and the will store them for you and your white wine will be cold ;)

Tip: Any bottles that you pay corkage on but end up consuming in your cabin anyway (assuming you go through your 2 free bottles and get into your corkage stash), bring the sticker to your wine steward anyway - they get a percentage of the fee when turning the stickers in and they sure appreciate it! :)

Tip: Any bottles that you pay corkage on but end up consuming in your cabin anyway (assuming you go through your 2 free bottles and get into your corkage stash), bring the sticker to your wine steward anyway - they get a percentage of the fee when turning the stickers in and they sure appreciate it! :)

interesting .. didn't know that .. glad you mentioned it.

harry

Not quite sure where you heard this but it seems unlikely and not reality. Every wine steward in the MDR has ready acces to entire rolls of these labels they hand out at embarkation or ports. We always bring on many bottles, more than a case usually, and we have often stoped to pay the corkage and the wine attendant just tears a strip of stickers and hands them to me without even counting them.I stick them on just before taking a bottle to the MDR. If they wanted stickers for any reason you state, they sure know where to get them.

If that is true, it might explain a bit of a problem we just experienced. On our just ended 30 day cruise we purchased a 7 bottle package. About 10 days in we were informed we had finished our 7th bottle. Pretty much sure that was not true. Argued for awhile and gave in. ( not quite 100% sure) A week later, an adjoining table, was informed that they had just finished their 5th bottle. She had witnessed my argument and fought harder and longer and the wine steward finally confessed that he had made a mistake.

They need to issue a wine card that the steward can punch and you can count. Would be good at any bar, for a new bottle..Cut down on some problems. I do believe they get commissions on wine sales.