How many ways can MSC Divina screw up?

marciadmd

Just got off the ship in Miami today 23 Dec 17. We parked our car in the last terminal parking across from the last terminal. Terminal F. MSC doesn't tell us before the cruise that the ship will be returning to the FIRST TERMINAL, B, to disembark! So our car is over a mile away from the ship! No explanation! No shuttle! No apologies! Just get off the ship and hit the road. And to top this, to carry your luggage off the ship, we had to pull the luggage down 20 feet of stairs!!!! Poor people who thought they could roll off the ship where in SHOCKED!!!! NO EXPLANATION! NO APOLOGIES! JUST HIT THE ROAD JACK! The only cruise company in over 50 cruises and 27 years of cruising to ever treat it's customers this poorly.

We just got on the ship today at terminal B, I wouldn’t necessarily call it a terminal but a tent within a warehouse and then a gang plank like we were boarding the titanic. I was a little upset they didn’t let us know before hand but as soon as we checked in we got to board right away at 10:30 and our cabin was ready by 11! I was shocked and pleasantly surprised by the experience as overall it went pretty well. Sorry to hear about your experience with the disembarkation process but I hope the rest of your cruise was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That does suck, and of course it leaves a bad taste in your mouth even if you had a great cruise. It's a shame it has to be the final experience of your vacation. Not a way to win over customers. MSC has known for a long time that the new SEASIDE would be docked at Terminal F today. There is no excuse that shuttles were not arranged. I've departed from and returned to different terminals at Port Everglades before, and there was always a shuttle arranged and everyone was informed. Of course this was on more organized cruise lines. MSC can be a great experience, but they are not known for their organization that is for sure.

I fly a minimum of 6 times a year. I never seem to get the gate that is close to anything except the end of the terminal. So, does that mean I quit flying? Twenty feet is nothing, regardless if you are pulling a suite case or not. Try carrying one up 5 decks or more. This does not happen all the time. Like they say in Jamaica, 'POOOOO POOOO happens.' LOL

This is the first time I have read a bad review about MSC Divina. I have never been on Divina, but will. I do have to ask though: is this complaint about MSC Divina or the port?

I'm thinking more about DIVINA. The ship usually embarks and disembarks from the same terminal at PortMiami (Terminal F). Today the ship had to disembark from a more remote terminal because the new SEASIDE docked at DIVINA's usual terminal. This will pretty much be a one time thing.

Anyway when something like this happens, you expect the cruise line to notify you and even arrange for a complimentary shuttle between the two terminals. This is pretty much the way it works with other cruise lines. I wasn't on this cruise, but from the OP's post it sounds like MSC made no mention of it and just left it up to the passengers to figure it out and fend for themselves. Even if they didn't provide a complimentary shuttle, they should have advised everyone in advance. Perhaps they did and the OP missed it or didn't read the disembarkation literature? That I don't know.

Just got off the ship in Miami today 23 Dec 17. We parked our car in the last terminal parking across from the last terminal. Terminal F. MSC doesn't tell us before the cruise that the ship will be returning to the FIRST TERMINAL, B, to disembark! So our car is over a mile away from the ship! No explanation! No shuttle! No apologies! Just get off the ship and hit the road. And to top this, to carry your luggage off the ship, we had to pull the luggage down 20 feet of stairs!!!! Poor people who thought they could roll off the ship where in SHOCKED!!!! NO EXPLANATION! NO APOLOGIES! JUST HIT THE ROAD JACK! The only cruise company in over 50 cruises and 27 years of cruising to ever treat it's customers this poorly.

Are you kidding me? You post a thread with that provocative title just because you had to walk/cab it to your garage? You didn't mention your experience on the cruise itself. Are there other ways you feel MSC Divina "screwed up?. Inquiring minds want to know. We LOVED the Divina. Sailing on Seaside in March.

While that is very unfortunate for you, your title is a sheer example of clickbait, and has nothing to do with your actual experience onboard. While I would understand your frustration with the cruise line, if your frustration at having to all a little further to your car because a ship almost double the size of yours took your place at the dock will keep you away from the entire cruise line, then so be it. Sounds to me like your issues are more in the organization of the port than with MSC itself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While that is very unfortunate for you, your title is a sheer example of clickbait, and has nothing to do with your actual experience onboard. While I would understand your frustration with the cruise line, if your frustration at having to all a little further to your car because a ship almost double the size of yours took your place at the dock will keep you away from the entire cruise line, then so be it. Sounds to me like your issues are more in the organization of the port than with MSC itself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And also it’s a great work out after cruise!

Misleading thread title or not and everything else aside, there is no defending leaving guests to haul luggage over one mile on their own (if that is accurate, not familiar with port of Miami).

Are you serious? So, a cruise line is responsible to get you to your car once you leave a ship?

Wee got off of the Divina Pier F and walked to the Escape Pier B in Nov 2017. We survived the 15 minute walk pulling a carry on and suitcase each. We are in our 70s. Going back on Divina Feb 2018.

Get a cab or Uber! Life is tough.

Are you serious? So, a cruise line is responsible to get you to your car once you leave a ship?

Wee got off of the Divina Pier F and walked to the Escape Pier B in Nov 2017. We survived the 15 minute walk pulling a carry on and suitcase each. We are in our 70s. Going back on Divina Feb 2018.

Get a cab or Uber! Life is tough.

It’s a 10-15 minute walk! What’s the big fuss about?

No I was kidding. :rolleyes:

As stated, I am not familiar with the port of Miami. And if the OP was accurate in stating that passengers were left to haul their own luggage over one mile with no forethought that was not a good move. If it was in fact a very short walk, then no biggie.

As stated, I am not familiar with the port of Miami. And if the OP was accurate in stating that passengers were left to haul their own luggage over one mile with no forethought that was not a good move. If it was in fact a very short walk, then no biggie.

I nerve this was a case of a few passengers who parked their cars at the pier had to walk from B to F. Other than them, what difference did it make to the others since we now have PHONES to call our pick up. This was an example of someone wanting to find fault with anything. Where is that poster now?

No one had to haul their luggage over one mile unless they were a solo traveler. Leave one person with the luggage while the other goes to get the car. Other than that, how did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums