Help Pick Itinerary Plus Insight on Mobile Port

curious_st

I have a few week window in the spring that I would like to cruise. I am looking at Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile. There are three possible itineraries, and each have a stop in Cozumel. Option 1 is a 5-day with port stops in Progresso and Cozumel. Option 2 is a 5-day with port stops in Costa Maya and Cozumel. Option 3 is a 6-day with ports stops in Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

I have been to GC, but not Progresso or Costa Maya. We had a wonderful day in GC swimming with the sting rays. But, I like to try new ports and new activities at ports. I am not very interested in seeing ruins, though.

Which option would you recommend? Also, how is the port in Mobile?

Based on your likes, the 6 day option 3 might be best, with option 2 next. There is more to Cayman than the stingrays, you can go to 7 mile beach or rum point for a relaxing beach day. In Cozumel, you have all activities open, from beach days to shopping to eating to more active things like snorkeling, ATV, to just wandering around or going over to Playa on the ferry.

If you have no interest in ruins, Progresso may be your worst port to find something to do.

Never cruised from Mobile, so no comment there.

I would also pick Option #3. It's a whole day longer, plus Grand Cayman is a stunning port, where you can swim with the stringrays, or go to Seven Mile Beach, one of the best beaches in the Western Caribbean. I cannot answer any questions about Mobile, as I have never been. Best of luck to you, and happy cruising.

Easy, 6>5.

The port is easy to navigate, much easier than NOLA. There are many hotels within walking distance that offer park and stay packages. If you park at the port, it saves time to prepay on line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums