Free Specialty Dining Question

designgirl

My husband & I selected the Specialty dining package on our upcoming cruise, as well as my sister and her husband who are in a different room.

When I make the reservations, how do I connect us all for 2 of the meals? We would like to do Cagney's and Teppenyaki together.

You don’t need to.

Just make a booking for 4. You don’t state who you are dining with, just the number of people.

If you have the SDP then the system will assume that all the people in your booking also have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, that makes sense for my husband and I but what about my sister and her husband - they have their own stateroom and booking number.

They don’t need to do anything, you will have a booking for 4. They just come along with you.

They will of course need to book their meals that they have without you separately.

Ah yes, the English language. Somewhat different across the pond :)

In American English, you would say something like "They need to tell the server that two of the meals will be on a separate check."

That is pretty well what I would say, if that’s what I meant. :)

The OP said that the other couple are joining them for 2 meals, so they must be eating without them for at least one meal. They will have to book those other meals themselves.

As for the meals where they are together then there is no need to tell the server about different checks. Just hand over the cards and they will take the SDP credits from each person.

You shouldn’t have trouble making a reservation for 4 without having to pay anything. Just make one reservation per table for the correct number of people. They will charge it appropriately to the SDP for each cabin when you finish dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for clearing that up! I looked everywhere on the NCL site and couldn't find anything. We are so excited this is our first cruise!

If all goes well and it should, there is nothing as much fun as your first cruise. You will remember every detail for years to come.:cool::p:p