OK, now I am worried, my sailing is FULL and it was wide open a few days ago....

FlorenceItaly

UGH. It says full on the HAL site, and the date, March 18th has dropped off Expedia, when there were lots of rooms just two days ago. Could a big group have gotten on? The price was not low, imo to warrant just 2 days later it being full. What do you think???

Marie

Thanks, BQ.

I've done some googling, and didn't find anything of significance. It is appearing on some other sites, but I think I trust HAL and Expedia more than some of the other sites. I will keep any eye out. To see if it was perhaps a HAL computer glich, I checked other sailings, and they appeared. This particular sailing comes up FULL or invalid?? Perhaps I will give HAL a call later and see what they have to say. If I were traveling on my own, it really wouldn't effect my cruise, but I have arranged this for my sister and I so I feel somewhat responsible for her to have a nice time :).

Marie

I noticed that HAL has changed their web site around for the destinations. A lot of sailings have disappeared and they all counld't be full. For example the Caribbean has been broken down into 3 different categories and now you have to hunt for some of the cruises.

When in doubt have your TA call HAL and check it out.

A "big" group isn't likely to book at this late date. More likely, the sailing was released to interline- travel industry employees??

As a TA, I can assure you that we are not given any opportunity to confirm space months in advance. It is generally MUCH closer to sailing, if ever.

And big groups do occasionally book this close in. I just confirmed 200 on the Zui for 3/25 when MSC cancelled the cruise we had been confirmed on for almost a year. As they cancelled 4 sailings including 3/18, this may be exactly that.

Krazy Kruizers - With the new HAL web site -- for the Caribbean (and all of them) go to the right hand side and push the drop down for Destination. Then the Select. (I think) Anyway it comes up with all the sailings. Penny

It's reappeared on both sites, go figure :). On the upside of all the sites I've checked I don't see a lower rate than what I paid. We are both incurring the solo supplement, so we really needed a deal. I didn't use my regular TA for this one, mainly because she is currently traveling.

Marie

Archived