Am I being really thick?

sxphil

Printed setsail paperwork for our Feb Cruise and I am sure on previous cruises it included Luggage tags

But now this message is shown

The images below contain luggage destination information for each person in your reservation and any associated reservations in your SetSail Pass. They are not real luggage tags. Please use official luggage tags for your bags. If you need extra luggage tags, or if you have forgotten to bring your luggage tags with you, the images below can be used by the Porter to create luggage tags at the pier.

Where do I get the real luggage tags?

At about 7 weeks before you cruise there should be a "Print Luggage Tag" button on the same page as Online Check-In.

The real luggage tag will also be a page at the end of your electronic cruise docs, which also appear at the same time of around 7 weeks before the cruise.

Printed setsail paperwork for our Feb Cruise and I am sure on previous cruises it included Luggage tags

But now this message is shown

The images below contain luggage destination information for each person in your reservation and any associated reservations in your SetSail Pass. They are not real luggage tags. Please use official luggage tags for your bags. If you need extra luggage tags, or if you have forgotten to bring your luggage tags with you, the images below can be used by the Porter to create luggage tags at the pier.

Where do I get the real luggage tags?

You get the from the porters at the port when you check in.

WHY are you worried about this?

You go to the pier, you tell the porter what your cabin number is; they tag your bag. YOU TIP THEM and stop worrying about it. The alternative: carrying everything on yourself.

Why so rude? Some people just need things set to feel comfortable when traveling. This is my first time and this is different from other cruise lines or maybe the travel agent has always done it before. I thought here was a place to ask questions.

I've found that if people don't do things a certain way, such as the way someone else does it, then they are wrong and have to be schooled about it. I don't give a flying you know what how others do it. I do it how I want. It works and it don't hurt no one. So, I will happily print out my tags early and get in the vacation spirit that much sooner.

You go to the pier, you tell the porter what your cabin number is; they tag your bag. YOU TIP THEM and stop worrying about it. The alternative: carrying everything on yourself.

Where does it say I am worried?

I like to have my bags tagged before I leave usually that's all

I usually print my luggage tags at the earliest opportunity. Then a week before the cruise, I can’t find them so I print them again.

We generally fly to the departure port a day or two before and while I’m sitting on the plane I realize I’ve left the tag folder on my desk.

So finally, I have the hotel business center print them for me in black and white.

This has worked for me for several years!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why wait for the porter. We bring out tags with us along with some tape and when we get to the hotel where we are staying put them on. That is when we feel like the cruise starts.

Then we give them to the porter and go get our seapass! WHY wait for the porter to it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Well, you wait for the porter to do it because that's the way he does it so it's the only way. At least that's the impression I get from posts like those. And yes it is an option, but not one that everyone chooses.

I also pay everything up front, Only use cash on cruises, add money to my account before so it's not in my bank account accruing 23 cents in interest in the mean time, and am left handed.

I have travelled my last 4 cruises with Royal and have always been able to print my luggage tags out including our upcoming cruise next month. The tags showed up in my cruise documents about 4-6 weeks before our sail date. I printed them out on a Photosmart printer and folded as directed on the printout and covered the tag(s) with wide package tape (clear) to protect from weather. I will staple them as instructed to each of my bags and hand them off at the port with a tip. You may need to wait until you are closer to your cruise to get the tags.

I have always had cruise tags on each bag when I arrive at the port for every other cruise line also.

Royal has been consistant thru today for us. The only concern would be if they upgrade us, we will need to reptint them. (So far this has never been an issue for us:().

Well, you wait for the porter to do it because that's the way he does it so it's the only way. At least that's the impression I get from posts like those. And yes it is an option, but not one that everyone chooses.

I also pay everything up front, Only use cash on cruises, add money to my account before so it's not in my bank account accruing 23 cents in interest in the mean time, and am left handed.

If you have the tags on all you do is go to where the porters are standing and hand it over. Done if 10 seconds or less.

It used to be a big thrill when we received our documents and luggage tags in the mail. Always did the "doc dance" at the mail box and all the way back inside the house.:D Now, I enjoy the thrill of seeing the message that my docs are ready. I save just the page with the tag in a separate file...then I can go in and type our name on them. I even bought the luggage tag holders after years of the using clear packaging tape (which worked just dandy). To some it may seem silly, but I enjoy all the planning and the little things we do in preparation for a cruise. Part of the fun for me.

It used to be a big thrill when we received our documents and luggage tags in the mail. Always did the "doc dance" at the mail box and all the way back inside the house.:D

It was disappointing when they stopped mailing them out but don't telling anyone. You'll receive an avalanche of criticism all the way from they're saving trees to increasing prices to cutting the dividend. :rolleyes: :D

The alternative is NOT carrying on everything yourself....it is pre-printing the luggage tags as the OP asked and having it all done before arriving at the port and holding up the porters helping you out!!

OP- as Bob said, it is slightly too early for you to be able print them out, but you will be able to in a few weeks !

I generally wait for the porter.

I bought the plastic holders from amazon and I’ve wasted an obnoxious amount of paper printing then cutting (there is no chance I will ever do the fold and staple or tape thing), etc. but I like having the porters put on the sticky labels.

So I’ll also let you know that even f you forget to print these, all is not lost and you can have the porters put on tags.

I generally show them my set sail pass so they can see the numbers of my stateroom and not have to rely on hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought tagging your bags at the pier is what you do when you are totally disorganized and forgot to print your luggage tags ahead of time. I was not aware people do this on purpose. Why would anyone not tag their bags ahead of arrival? What is the benefit? I would imagine the porters do not appreciate this.

I thought tagging your bags at the pier is what you do when you are totally disorganized and forgot to print your luggage tags ahead of time. I was not aware people do this on purpose. Why would anyone not tag their bags ahead of arrival? What is the benefit? I would imagine the porters do not appreciate this.

You are now. It's all about personal preference. No right or wrong in whatever the reason. What makes you "imagine" the porters don't appreciate handing out luggage tags? :confused:

You are now. It's all about personal preference. No right or wrong in whatever the reason. What makes you "imagine" the porters don't appreciate handing out luggage tags? :confused:

Because it's more work for them. Anyway, I was just wondering that's all. I never heard of this before being done on purpose.

Because it's more work for them. Anyway, I was just wondering that's all. I never heard of this before being done on purpose.

Is it. I've never heard a porter complaining. I bet they appreciate the tip. What would you do if you didn't have a printer or access to one?