Evening Chic Dress Code

JoyFrances

Next time you speak with your Celebrity Management contact advise that person Celebrity needs to fix the problem where the web site says maximum of two evening chic nights on cruises regardless of length while some ships are holding three evening chic nights. :rolleyes:
15 night cruises were still on 3 nights formal/dress up/chic nights in October on Celebrity Silhouette. Many people still enjoy getting dressed up. Others feel they want to relax while on a cruise and not bother. I was a little surprised that Celebrity lowered their dress code while RCI still maintained the traditional formal nights. For 2018 we have booked exclusively with RCI because they offer more formal nights.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

15 night cruises were still on 3 nights formal/dress up/chic nights in October on Celebrity Silhouette. Many people still enjoy getting dressed up. Others feel they want to relax while on a cruise and not bother. I was a little surprised that Celebrity lowered their dress code while RCI still maintained the traditional formal nights. For 2018 we have booked exclusively with RCI because they offer more formal nights.

Royal Carribean's dress codes are suggestions only

Well good luck with that! After 15 (ocean) cruises in 4 years, I took my first cruise out of Southampton in October, which was on RCI. Let's say that the dress and decorum of some passengers left a lot to be desired; alas fellow Brits.

Never saw that at night on Eclipse. Maître D stopped anyone dressed like that & told them to dress properly. Can't say about other Celebrity ships.

Saw it both recent Summit cruises. I dress formally, I have no problem with others doing what they want to do on their vacation as it's none of my business. But out of sheer curiosity. I'd love to know what the guys wearing regular t shirts are thinking when the majority of people around them have made an effort.

Do they genuinely not care? Are they making some kind of statement? Is it their first cruise and they had no idea?

Saw it both recent Summit cruises. I dress formally, I have no problem with others doing what they want to do on their vacation as it's none of my business. But out of sheer curiosity. I'd love to know what the guys wearing regular t shirts are thinking when the majority of people around them have made an effort.

Do they genuinely not care? Are they making some kind of statement? Is it their first cruise and they had no idea?

Maybe they didn't get their luggage, I've seen that happen for an entire cruise, you just never know. If not, I would tend to think they just don't care which is unfortunate.

Fashion, and the definition of stylish and chic vary between age groups, social classes and very much nationalities. His point is very relevant.

This. So much this. At some point the company I worked for was bought by a US company. They tried to introduce dress code. We laughed. Loudly. It took like three days before they sent out a memo stating that naturally it didn’t include the Scandinavian countries.

I will dress according to suggestions because I feel like I’m a guest in another country, even if I’m cruising in my own region, but I do feel a bit like doing re-enactment of another century.

In fact, perhaps I should wear my Danish medieval Sunday outfit. It’s handwoven and hand sewn and has been very expensive and time consuming to make.

Fashion, and the definition of stylish and chic vary between age groups, social classes and very much nationalities. His point is very relevant.

In the context of discussing dress codes established for all passengers, irrespective of age, social class or nationality, one's individual sartorial tastes and influences become secondary to the ship's norms.

In the context of discussing dress codes established for all passengers, irrespective of age, social class or nationality, one's individual sartorial tastes and influences become secondary to the ship's norms.

You would of course be correct if a dress code was detailed and enforced. However as you will have seen from the literally thousands of posts on here querying what 'evening chic' actually is, you'll see the very real problems which render your post moot.

You would of course be correct if a dress code was detailed and enforced. However as you will have seen from the literally thousands of posts on here querying what 'evening chic' actually is, you'll see the very real problems which render your post moot.

Mynki,

Good one! :D:D