Oasis Transatlantic For Solo Passenger

Ned11

I've been checking out previous posts regarding transatlantic cruises and found a few things really helpful. But what I want to ask is, will I get bored being solo traveller?

I've never done transatlantic before but always fancied it. I've just come back from my first trip on the oasis and loved the ship. I was sailing with a friend at the time who wasn't really into getting involved in the roll call activities and Meet and Mingle (which I did go to).

Also, would be worth waiting to book it on the Symphony (sailing in May) or just booking it when I think the price is right?

Thank you in advance. :cool:

But what I want to ask is, will I get bored being solo traveller?

Also, would be worth waiting to book it on the Symphony (sailing in May) or just booking it when I think the price is right?

Were you bored on the sea day? How about doing about 7-8 of those?

TAs usually have price drops after final - unless you must have a certain cabin, I'd wait.

No one knows if you will be bored. You have been on the ship so you know what type of activities, in general, are available. Some people love being active while others could spend forever on a lounger in the solarium. Only you know what you find appealing. As for me, I can't sit still very long but I also don't necessarily need other people to help keep me occupied. I probably would not do a trans-Atlantic solo or in a pack. Though I enjoy seas days, two of them in a row is about my limit.

Were you bored on the sea day? How about doing about 7-8 of those?

TAs usually have price drops after final - unless you must have a certain cabin, I'd wait.

Thanks for the heads up on the price drop. I'll keep my out on the prices.

I didn't get board as I was on the top deck getting the sun. Just hope when the days aren't too good, that there is enough activities going on. :)

Be sure to join the roll call for your cruise to get in on any group activities which interest you. On many Sea Days there is a Solo/Single cruiser lunch get together. If meeting other solo travelers appeals to you, I would recommend that as well.

Be sure to join the roll call for your cruise to get in on any group activities which interest you. On many Sea Days there is a Solo/Single cruiser lunch get together. If meeting other solo travelers appeals to you, I would recommend that as well.

Thank you. Never done the singles/solos lunch before but always looking for something new.

Doing Oasis on a TA will be quite different than on a small ship such as Jewel. It'll be an older clientele so don't expect the club to be packed at night but because of the ship there should at least be more possibilities of keeping you entertained during that week at sea

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I did a TA with my daughter in 2014. We met so many wonderful people that I did it again solo this past April. I was never bored. Met another wonderful group of people and we had so much fun that we have all kept in touch and just last week booked another TA for November, 2019. Part of our group is from the US, part from Belgium and part from Spain.

I did a solo TA last April. I did get active on our roll call and "met" several people before the cruise. I arranged to eat dinner with one group and had a great time with my daily trivia team. I signed up for everything - slot pull, cabin crawl, book club, etc. I did think that people were more open to others than on a shorter cruise since we were "in the same boat" for a longer period of time. That could also be because the cruise passenger demographic was more similar. Anyway, I ended up having a really good time.

We've done several transatlantics as we love the sea days, never been bored as we've met lots of interesting people and there are always activities to do, they usually have daily lectures too which are interesting, we've befriended single cruisers and enjoyed getting to know people beforehand in the meet and mingle forums.

Just one thing to be aware of, depending on how sociable you are or whether you like to lay in the sun, We did the Oasis Westbound TA a few years ago, the weather was not great so it did limit activities a lot, you may prefer a ship in the vision or Radiance class as they have an enclosed solarium and you can at least lay by the pool if you prefer.

Happy Cruising.

Wow...what a day dream I just had reading your question (I have 4 kids so no I would not get bored).

I would love to do this: Sleep until I wake up, hot tea, healthy breakfast, intense spin class, shower, get some sun, lunch with wine, massage, nap, yoga, dinner, ice cream in bed...out! Rise and repeat.

Hope you go and enjoy yourself. I might just start saving my money now : )