Reduced deposits

waterwatcher

Does anyone know when Carnival will have reduced deposits? I want to book our 2019 cruise but cant afford the 500 deposit right now. Don't want to miss out on reduced deposit. Thanks

They have them all the time just keep checking.

We booked for June 2019 2 weeks ago on the same deal- 50% off deposits, $50 OBC, 2 cat upgrade... I just checked and this offer isn't in my VIFP Offers on Carnival site anymore...

My PVP mentioned they'd likely be having another deposit sale in January, as someone else mentioned.

I have noticed a bit of a pattern. Watch for reduced deposits about a week or so after they stop a sale promotion. With one sale ending yesterday or the day before and another ending today, you might expect something as far a reduced deposits in the next couple of weeks. This is based on a non-scientific observation, so I could be wrong. In fact, I probably am wrong, if nothing else because I said it out loud....

Does anyone know when Carnival will have reduced deposits? I want to book our 2019 cruise but cant afford the 500 deposit right now. Don't want to miss out on reduced deposit. Thanks

As others have said, they have them frequently. Be careful, however, as all of the recent ones I have seen were tied into ES. Since you're booking 2019, you'd want to make sure that your plans were firm or understand the ES penalties.

I have a question, dumb but simple. I saw a couple of people post about the 50% off sale with 2 category upgrade. What kind of incentive is that if you want a particular cabin. I can see it if you book guarantee.

I booked this sale in Dec- I’m presuming you’re asking about the 2 category upgrade- it means you pick your cabin (not a guarantee) but pay the equivalent price of a cabin 2 levels lower. So if you pick an 8E cabin the price would be for an 8C. This is how it was explained to me, at least. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone more informed will weigh in here.

I booked this sale in Dec- I’m presuming you’re asking about the 2 category upgrade- it means you pick your cabin (not a guarantee) but pay the equivalent price of a cabin 2 levels lower. So if you pick an 8E cabin the price would be for an 8C. This is how it was explained to me, at least. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone more informed will weigh in here.

That was my guess as to how it worked. It wasn't a factor, per se: we looked at the exact cruise we wanted in Dec 2018, the specific cabin we wanted, asked if we thought it was a good enough price, said yes, and booked it.

I keep trolling the Carnival site looking for deals on cruises between now and the one we have already booked, because this forum is enabling my desire to get back on board ASAP...fortunately/unfortunately our schedule is so jam-packed through the rest of the year we don't really have time for a cruise any time soon, so I simply must be patient.