Let's talk food!

lohgan

So my boyfriend and I will be doing Nachi Cocum for a couple hours when we arrive. However we want to eat! We absolutely love food and trying new things. We don't care where the restaurants or street food stands are - we will drive there.

So if you have any favorite places please let me know! Definitely looking for a good burrito. :D

So my boyfriend and I will be doing Nachi Cocum for a couple hours when we arrive. However we want to eat! We absolutely love food and trying new things. We don't care where the restaurants or street food stands are - we will drive there.

So if you have any favorite places please let me know! Definitely looking for a good burrito. :D

Trying to understand the situation here before I, or others, offer options. What are your port hours and which pier will you be at?

Are you saying you are paying to to an AI resort for a couple of hours but want to go somewhere else to eat? Will you also be hiring a car since you say you will drive, or do you need to take a taxi?

Whoops - that would have been helpful if I put the details in! We're going to be there 9a-6p and we're coming in on the Carnival Magic. Docking at Puerta Maya. We're already doing Nachi Cocum in the morning which is an AI - so we just want to explore and eat and walk around. Not sure if we will be renting a Jeep or taking a taxi yet. But we will go anywhere for the food so transportation is no issue.

I'm assuming we're docking at Puerta Maya - could be International but not sure.

Nachi is $55 per person for the AI and the food, drinks and service there are pretty good - love the guac and would suggest the shrimp for your main course (and avoid the ribs). If you have time after Nachi you could taxi to downtown - lots of restaurants and bars to choose from.

You will most likely dock at Puerta Maya.

Your best option would be taxi to Nachi, taxi to town as John suggests and taxi back to ship.

Gorditos Burritos and Cuatra Tacos are well recommended, both have websites and TripAdvisor reviews I believe. Other good restaurants for full local meals but I wouldn’t think during that time frame having eaten four courses at Nachi you would be wanting a full meal?