Medical Insurance for seniors out of country

mamaofami

The CalPERS website specifically calls the coverage "Supplement to Original Medicare". Those aren't Medicare Supplement insurance policies. They might be better, but Medicare Supplement insurance is specifically defined in both NAIC guidelines and California statutes and regulations.

Go to the "Evidence of Coverage" documents on the CalPERS website and search for "Medicare Supplement" within the document. The term is never used. Not the same thing,

Again, it may be better, but Medicare Supplement is specifically defined and has been standardized across all companies.

CalPERS plans are self-funded and not Medicare Supplement insurance.

Whatever it's called and whoever provides it, the fact remains that seniors need to check carefully what beyond Medicare is available to them and what it will cover when outside the US.

BTW: I MAY stand "technically" corrected though approx 2 million CalPERS members know it as the "Medicare Supplement." (and I trust that certain other states' retirement programs' members probably call it "Medicare Supplement" too).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

We are a very healthy 77 yr old and a not so healthy 56 yr old. We are starting world travels and decided to get evac coverage with medical.

Our CC we rely on for cancelation etc.

I just got a quote at the geo travel mentioned, the lowest policy it offered was high than what we pay thru company our TA suggested. Happy to share info if you want to PM me.

We are a very healthy 77 yr old and a not so healthy 56 yr old. We are starting world travels and decided to get evac coverage with medical.

I just got a quote at the geo travel mentioned, the lowest policy it offered was high than what we pay thru company our TA suggested. Happy to share info if you want to PM me.

C ruise C ritic does not have PM.

Read your CC travel insurance fine print. Many credit card coverages will not waive preexisting conditions where treatment changes or first diagnoses appeared during the "look-back" period. This can mean a claim denial if the trip cancel/interrupt was due to the PEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, did not think about pm not avail. Just don’t know if ok to Insurance agent info here.

As evidenced in this thread, it is fully allowed to provide insurance info on CC many of us are apprreciative of all info that is shared.

We use a combination of the annual Geoblue policy and the annual Medijet policy. We are not on Medicare (yet ;)).

We had a Med Jet policy for years and think i t very good in terms of evacuation but keep in mind theye pay nothing for medical bills.

That’s why I also said we have an annual Geoblue policy.

I made my comment as perhaps useful information for any CC'ers who are interested, any and all. :) Sorry if you thought it directed at you , I t is not.