What exactly is NOT part of the CHEERS package???

sgcass123

First time with the CHEERS package - I know that a bucket of beers is not allowed? How about the nightly shots at dinner and the drink of the day?? I just don't want to be surprised.

Thanks!

Australian sailing does not have cheers

You haven't mentioned where you are sailing.

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at the gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

I still don't understand how RCCL can include the first day out of Galveston on a Sunday, but CCL cannot. We sail both lines and get the package on both.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Yeah weird... maybe the right people get free cruises on RCCL:')

Or maybe they eat the tax cost. Do they cost the same or at least close? Does RCCL depart at 4 like CCL?

I still don't understand how RCCL can include the first day out of Galveston on a Sunday, but CCL cannot. We sail both lines and get the package on both.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I have heard that you can only drink Texas bought liquor only while in port but then it opens up to all liquor once in international waters. so maybe Carnival does not buy the liquor from Texas or they dont want to provide a package and limit the types of alcohol until they hit international waters.

I might be wrong but this is what I have read

I have heard that you can only drink Texas bought liquor only while in port but then it opens up to all liquor once in international waters. so maybe Carnival does not buy the liquor from Texas or they dont want to provide a package and limit the types of alcohol until they hit international waters.

Yep, found this from RCCL:

“Not all bars may be open and the alcohol selection will be limited

Beverage Packages: The vessel offers certain alcoholic beverage and wine packages (beginning on the first day of the cruise while the vessel is in port) whereby guests can have unlimited selected alcoholic beverages for the duration of their cruise for one price (collectively, the “Beverage Packages”). While the vessel is docked or sailing in Texas Waters we are required to serve Texas tax-paid alcoholic beverages only and the alcoholic beverages must be sourced from our Texas inventory (very limited supply).”

Are there any $50 drinks on the menu? I don't recall ever seeing one on the menu (not that I've looked much) but with Cheers advertising it I would assume something would cost that much or close to it on a cruise.

no.. its just a very large number to make it seem like you are getting more than you are. marketing ploy. there is no $50 drink that anyone has posted yet

no.. its just a very large number to make it seem like you are getting more than you are. marketing ploy. there is no $50 drink that anyone has posted yet

While true, there are some drinks in the upper teens (thing Grey Good XV, Hennessy XO, etc..) which make it rather easy to get a great value out of cheers

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

It’s been reported that there is a 40.00 glass of champagne. Steakhouse Bar if I remember

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a tax issue and a combination of how state alcohol rules work. Maybe RCCL is employing some type of work around. That being said on Texas based ships you will notice on embarkation day that the liquor bottles set out are fewer in number and they all have a Texas tax stamp on them (usually a little blue square). The bars even have cabinets labeled "texas alcohol" etc. Any drinks you order here you will pay Texas taxes on. As soon as the ship enters international waters all those bottles get locked up in the Texas cabinet and new bottles (and a lot more of them) come out that do not have the tax stamp and the same drink you bought earlier is now cheaper because you don't pay the taxes.