Are the added "service charges" charged to you at the specialty restaurants new?

dgack1

We just got off the FOS and were surpised by the added 18% "service charge" that was added to our bill at Chops, Johnney Rockets, and Sabor when I asked the server what the charge was she told me that was "the service teams tip". Is this new to Royal? I have never incurred this charge before. Thanks

We just got off the FOS and were surpised by the added 18% "service charge" that was added to our bill at Chops, Johnney Rockets, and Sabor when I asked the server what the charge was she told me that was "the service teams tip". Is this new to Royal? I have never incurred this charge before. Thanks

They started adding the 18% recently

Yep, instant 18% jump in specialty restaurant prices.

Yep, instant 18% jump in specialty restaurant prices.
Noticed Royal doesn't add the 18% on 3/4/5 night dinner packages purchased before the cruise.

Does anyone know if Royal will add the 18% if you purchase a package onboard?

If I purchase the package before with no 18%....will there be something to pay when I leave the restaraunt??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Noticed Royal doesn't add the 18% on 3/4/5 night dinner packages purchased before the cruise.

Does anyone know if Royal will add the 18% if you purchase a package onboard?

If I purchase the package before with no 18%....will there be something to pay when I leave the restaurant

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We sailed Vision last week and purchased dining package online before sailing.

There was no 18% fee in any shape or form.

The online price was the exact amount billed onboard.

To clarify, bill issued after each meal was $0.00

Edited by PompeySailor
Clarification:

We sailed Vision last week and purchased dining package online before sailing.

There was no 18% fee in any shape or form.

The online price was the exact amount billed onboard.

To clarify, bill issued after each meal was $0.00

We are sailing on the Vision in two weeks and pre purchased the Bogo 50 2 night package. Is this what you had or more nights?

We are sailing on the Vision in two weeks and pre purchased the Bogo 50 2 night package. Is this what you had or more nights?

We purchased the 3 night package for 3 online at $75 pp

I would assume the Bogo 50 2 night would be the same and your bills would be $0.00 onboard with no additional 18%

Thank you

Your welcome:)

We really enjoyed Vision and the quality of food in Izumi, Giovanni's and Chops IMHO up there with our best experiences with these restaurants across the fleet.

Obviously subjective.

Enjoy your cruise on Vision, Great ship, Great Captain and crew.

Great Food!

Did the did the Vision 11/30, no extra gratuity added to the first night done right deal. We’re offered 30% off Chops on the third night by a waiter who approached us in the Schooner. He did mention that we would pay 18% gratuity. My husband countered with “ok, plus 2 glasses of wine” and he said he would take care of us. (I didn’t have the drink pkg, turned into an endless refill on the wine) So it may be negotiable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did the did the Vision 11/30, no extra gratuity added to the first night done right deal. We’re offered 30% off Chops on the third night by a waiter who approached us in the Schooner. He did mention that we would pay 18% gratuity. My husband countered with “ok, plus 2 glasses of wine” and he said he would take care of us. (I didn’t have the drink pkg, turned into an endless refill on the wine) So it may be negotiable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Smart husband. [emoji16]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Anyone know if this gratuity will be covered if I have pre-paid gratuities? Kinda of getting tired of all the nickle and diming the cruise industry is starting just to advertise low fares to suck people in.

No your regular gratuities does not cover specialty restaurants.