Upgrading after final payment - lose OBC?

I figure the answer is yes, but...

I'm in an inside, and promenade rooms are now lower than the price I paid. If I upgrade to a promenade room, do I lose the onboard credit from the sale when I originally booked?

Yes, unless that OBC (or equivalent) is also being offered when you upgrade.

Someone chime in here if I get this wrong:

There are at least four different types of on board credit (OBC) I know of:

1) OBC resulting from a booking promotion or sale - you would likely lose this if you initiate an upgrade as they reprice your cruise (unless the new price has OBC offered).

2) OBC from your travel agent - you should be able to keep your OBC if you upgrade, in fact it might actually increase as its based on commission-able fare paid..

3) OBC form booking on board (NextCruise) - you should be able to keep your OBC if you upgrade .

4) OBC for being a stockholder - you may be able to keep your OBC if you upgrade. Sadly Stockholder OBC can't be combined with most other offers (C&A Discounts for example).

Fake news.... never happens...

You are overlooking something!

Hmm. I upgraded after finale payment like the op asked about. Kept my obc from a sale almost a year before that. What am I supposively missing? I obviosly do not know what is going on in my own life.

Someone chime in here if I get this wrong:

There are at least four different types of on board credit (OBC) I know of:

1) OBC resulting from a booking promotion or sale - you would likely lose this if you initiate an upgrade as they reprice your cruise (unless the new price has OBC offered).

2) OBC from your travel agent - you should be able to keep your OBC if you upgrade, in fact it might actually increase as its based on commission-able fare paid..

3) OBC form booking on board (NextCruise) - you should be able to keep your OBC if you upgrade .

4) OBC for being a stockholder - you may be able to keep your OBC if you upgrade. Sadly Stockholder OBC can't be combined with most other offers (C&A Discounts for example).

Looks good. You can add OBC from Visa points, which should also stay if you make changes.

Have done self upgrades many times. Love checking the pricing after final payment to see if I can do a no cost or cheap upgrade to a higher cat cabin.

Not once...ever...never...have I lost my OBC. And if the rep on the phone forgets to add it to my new confirmation, which has happened a couple of times...I simply call to remind them to add it back in and then send me a corrected confirmation which I print out and have with me in case I need it.

No I didn't. I had a regular sale obc. They were not offering obc when I upgraded. And still had it when I went on the cruise.

You are right...and experience speaks louder than trolls. ;) I sometimes get my OBC from booking direct online during a promo, but most come from booking with Next Cruise on board.

I figure the answer is yes, but...

I'm in an inside, and promenade rooms are now lower than the price I paid. If I upgrade to a promenade room, do I lose the onboard credit from the sale when I originally booked?

I upgraded myself from JS to GS on my Jewel cruise next week. Did not lose the OBC, and never have when I upgrade.

Talk to the rep when you upgrade and make sure they keep your OBC intact.