New to Suite Life on Celebrity...any insights or suggestions??

mocha1208

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! My husband and I are in our late 30's from Florida and cruise quite often since we have 3 ports that are close to us! We are sailing in a Sky Suite on the Equinox next year. We normally cruise NCL and RCCL and last time we stayed in the Haven on the NCL Escape. We loved the perks there and wanted to know if anyone can give me any insight on the Suite Life on Celebrity? We booked with the Go Best option so we have the 4 perks. Are we able to use the Persian Garden on the ship? Any insight or suggestions that you can give us that are not listed on their website would be great! I appreciate it!

PG and Relaxation room are unlimited, for Aquaclass guests only.

Others can book a pass..daily or entire cruise, and also should have access for a day (?), if a spa treatment is booked .

PG on S class ships is,very nice...there is a no cost sauna in the locker rooms...view to the sea!

Only Aqua class have the Persian Garden included in their package, but there are a limited amount of Passes for purchase.

We swear by the Suite Life. Michael’s Club is a nice quiet bar to relax. Our butlers have been great, just don’t expect too much on embankment day since they are so busy with trying to introduce themselves and get everything situated.

If you are not into bubbly, you can ask to switch the bottle to a red or white. You can also ask to have the mini bar emptied. We have had them stock it with our favorite cold drinks, but that might be only for upper suites.

Luminal will give you the MDR menu if where is nothing on their menu that fits your fancy. Service is outstanding, especially if you have dietary restrictions. There was a diary allergy in our group. Each night as soon as we sat down a basket of diary free bread appeared on our table almost before we unrolled our napkins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Michael's Club concierge can book or make changes to all your excursions so you don't have to go to the shore excursions desk. Also, if you are planning to book another cruise while onbard, the concierge can arrange for the future cruise sales person to meet with you in Michael's Club. On disembarkation day, suite guests can wait more comfortably in Michael's Club and there will be some light snacks and soft drinks. The staff in the suite restaurant Luminae are very accomodating. You can order some things that are not on the menu (i.e. a side of steamed vegetables, fresh fruit, breadsticks) or ask for one of the entrees as an appetizer. You can also order anything that is on the regular dining room menu (they have the menu in Luminae). On sea days Luminae is open for lunch.

If you want a bridge tour, a tour of the engine room control room, a small and more comprehensive galley tour, or other tours, just talk to the MC concierge. He/she can make it happen. Also, be sure to take advantage of the helipad invitations, the small teas and little music concerts in Michael's Club. Very nice.

The sommelier in Luminae is usually really great. If you get Maggie, she will *make* your cruise.

We stay in sky suites nearly all our cruises. It's a great way to sail.

On port days we always order room service breakfast. Nothing like sitting on your balcony as you sail in. And then you don't have all the back and forth when you're getting ready to leave the ship.

We have sailed in suites on NCL for almost 20 years and last year switched to Celebrity. We cruised 2x last year and have 3 more cruises booked all on Reflection. Celebrity far outweighs NCL when it comes to their suite pax. You are going to LOVE Celebrity!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only thing I would add to the comments above is do make sure you communicate with your butler and concierge about your wishes and needs early in the cruise...

For example, if you want coffee in the mornings or regular snacks delivered to your room in the afternoon ask your butler and be specific (cheese plate, shrimp platter, salad, afternoon tea selection). Whilst really good butlers seem to anticipate needs and treats it does help them help you if you talk with them...Re the concierge, if he/she knows early in the cruise you would enjoy a bridge tour they will organise it for you but if towards the end of the cruise you ask it may be more difficult.

If you do have any issues whilst on board (things you would normally take to guest relations like an overcharge, issue with an excursion) let the concierge know and it will be sorted.

Have a great cruise!

Know that some things like the bridge tours are at the discretion of the captain so the concierge may not be able to automatically make every request happen. Keep in mind that it's a request and be pleasantly surprised that it happens rather than making it an expectation.

... we stayed in the Haven on the NCL Escape. We loved the perks there and wanted to know if anyone can give me any insight on the Suite Life on Celebrity?

NCL keeps the Haven restaurant open double the hours so you need to carefully watch the schedule for Luminae hours and plan your time. Don't plan on sleeping in if you want breakfast. I prefer the NCL breakfast but Celebrity is good.

NCL also offers lunch every day versus Celebrity closes Luminae on port days so your choice is eat in Ocean View Cafe, or pay to eat in Sushi on 5. That one is a big disappointment for me. I like a nice lunch and all the competition provides one. Also lunch hours are short, like 1.5 hours, so again you need to watch the schedule.

I was last in Haven 4 years ago and there was only 1 dinner menu with 7 items (plus 1 "special") and one lunch menu. Luminae has 14 dinner menus and 6 lunch menus, you also have the option of ordering anything off the main dining room .

So I love the large variety of food, hate the small hours on the limited schedule.