Airlines that Oceania Cruises uses for international trips

Zandarr

I guess we will see. Cannot wait for the end of the month to find out which airlines. I will let everyone know as soon as I find out.

I much admire your attitude. :D

I could never be so laissez- faire about our air arrangements which is why we typically take the credit and book our own or pay the deviation fee.

Even at this late date, you still have those two options right up until Oceania purchases your air tickets.

You're on :D

As you know, SFO is a hub for United and Virgin America. United has by far the most (and often cheapest) flights from SFO to other hubs. Hence the odds are in favor of UA but of course, it could be Virgin, AA or DL - certainly not Southwest, Alaska.

Actually, we did a Barcelona to Lisbon Oceania cruise in late June and all four legs of our flight were United. I had my doubts, but they all took off and landed with a minute or two of the scheduled times. We also changed our return flights to add an extra day on the end and Oceania handled that well (for a fee!).

Since the OP indicated that he is flying PE -- UA others that do not offer a true PE are not going to be used. Further at such a short time before an air deviation is going to be expensive.

I would expect that O would likely uses either BA, LH or others (AF) that have a direct flight to Europe. Mixing BA with AA or UA with LH to get to a gateway will likely be more expensive. PE in O terms means only the over the water segment. So a UA to EWR in Economy then LH to FRA in PE and then LH BCN in economy would qualify but as mentioned even with code shares would be more expensive.

. PE in O terms means only the over the water segment. So a UA to EWR in Economy then LH to FRA in PE and then LH BCN in economy would qualify but as mentioned even with code shares would be more expensive.

Even if 1/2 of the flight (like SFO-EWR) is in UA economy instead of PE all the way on LH?

You probably know better with your extensive flying experience as I only fly with miles internationally.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add some information to the mix, in April we are flying Barcelona to Miami using Oceania's air on Iberia Airlines, going via Madrid. The ship isn't scheduled to dock until 8am, so early flights were out. There's only a short layover in Madrid, so we're okay with it. To get a one-way flight on our own would have been way more costly. Last time we flew out of Barcelona they put us on Swiss Airlines via Zurich.

Thank you.

Can you please give details of complete routing and class for each segment.

TIA

It will be premium economy class all the way. Leaving San Francisco to Toronto then on to Barcelona, On the return flight it will be economy class to Munich and then premium economy back to San Francisco

It will be premium economy class all the way. Leaving San Francisco to Toronto then on to Barcelona, On the return flight it will be economy class to Munich and then premium economy back to San Francisco

That’s pretty good - better than I would have expected for “domestic” flight to Toronto.

That’s pretty good - better than I would have expected for “domestic” flight to Toronto.

Flying from the US to Canada is considered international that is why we can fly premium economy to Toronto.