Airlines that Oceania Cruises uses for international trips

Zandarr

Thank you Paul. We are cruising in April but will not get airline schedule for another 30 days or so and we are just trying to see the airlines that are leaving San Francisco on the day we fly.

When going on international trips from the US, Oceania has always used Air France and/or Lufthansa airlines. What other airlines do they use for international flights?

The international flights would be to Barcelona Spain

Flying out of SFO does not mean you will have a flight directly to Europe. You could fly on any carrier to the east coast and then out of Boston, NY, Philadelphia, Newark or Atlanta direct to Barcelona.

Last time we flew to Barcelona from Seattle, we did a "deviation request" for days early and days later than the cruise dates- requested Seattle to Amsterdam to Barcelona, return was Venice to CDG to SEA. No additional charges.

As stated earlier, O’s contracts with the various airlines change yearly. On the few times we used O Air we have flown United domestically, but never internationally. United was use to get us to a hub, but then we are on other’s actual metal. BA is typically used for trips to LHR.

Thanks but i would bet the house that it will not be United but thanks for responding.

You're on :D

As you know, SFO is a hub for United and Virgin America. United has by far the most (and often cheapest) flights from SFO to other hubs. Hence the odds are in favor of UA but of course, it could be Virgin, AA or DL - certainly not Southwest, Alaska.

Edited by Paulchili

Flying out of SFO does not mean you will have a flight directly to Europe. You could fly on any carrier to the east coast and then out of Boston, NY, Philadelphia, Newark or Atlanta direct to Barcelona.

Last time we flew to Barcelona from Seattle, we did a "deviation request" for days early and days later than the cruise dates- requested Seattle to Amsterdam to Barcelona, return was Venice to CDG to SEA. No additional charges.

We did a deviation when we went to Greece last year but we did have to pay for the change.

As stated earlier, O’s contracts with the various airlines change yearly. On the few times we used O Air we have flown United domestically, but never internationally. United was use to get us to a hub, but then we are on other’s actual metal. BA is typically used for trips to LHR.

We are thinking it will be AF, Lufthansa or BA based on the times leaving SFO and because we are flying Premium Economy.

We are thinking it will be AF, Lufthansa or BA based on the times leaving SFO and because we are flying Premium Economy.

ITA matrix shows the cheapest 1 stop premium economy on Turkish and then Delta, followed by AF and Virgin.

There are some cheaper 2 stop flights

Not sure what O can get with their contracts

Please let us know what airlines will O assign to you.

Edited by Paulchili

ITA matrix shows the cheapest 1 stop premium economy on Turkish and then Delta, followed by AF and Virgin.

There are some cheaper 2 stop flights

Not sure what O can get with their contracts

Please let us know what airlines will O assign to you.

Will do!

Zandarr, If I were a betting man (which I'm really not), I would bet you will be flying domestic economy somewhere to the east coast from SFO (or wherever from CA) and then transferring to PE over the Atlantic to BCN. I would not set your expectations on flying PE non-stop from SFO to Europe but, you never know. You are the one rolling the dice having O book your flights so I wish you all the luck.

Cheers,

John

Zandarr, If I were a betting man (which I'm really not), I would bet you will be flying domestic economy somewhere to the east coast from SFO (or wherever from CA) and then transferring to PE over the Atlantic to BCN. I would not set your expectations on flying PE non-stop from SFO to Europe but, you never know. You are the one rolling the dice having O book your flights so I wish you all the luck.

Cheers,

John[/quot

Thanks for the response. I guess I should have been more clear about what I was asking. I know that there are not any non stop flights from SFO but since we are flying Premium E with the airlines that should take us to BCN I was trying to get ahead of the game before the flight schedules comes out this month. The times that we have used Oceania Air, we have never flown on a US airline when flying. Maybe this will change this year. We are on the Riviera in April.

I would suggest what has already been mentioned on this thread (and many previous threads). You should investigate the best routes/airline/air planes you would find most desirable and then ask your TA to have O quote them for you. You do not have to pay the deviation fee until you accept that specific itinerary and any extra fees they might ask for. Well worth the deviation fee over them deciding the flights IMO. You could also fly in a day or two before to insure you will make the cruise if any issues develop last minute that would prevent you from missing embarkation (I speak from experience here). O will only fly you in the day of embarkation. One missed connection will cause a wonderful vacation to go bad in a second.

Cheers,

John

We decided to take the credit and book our own flights to be able to go in a day early and come back a day later - and got nonstop direct to Venice from Chicago and nonstop back from Rome. Well worth the couple of hundred dollars extra we paid- actually less than a deviation fee. I hate waiting around in Europe in the wee hours for a transfer to another plane.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As you know, SFO is a hub for United and Virgin America. United has by far the most (and often cheapest) flights from SFO to other hubs. Hence the odds are in favor of UA but of course, it could be Virgin, AA or DL - certainly not Southwest, Alaska.

Actually, we did a Barcelona to Lisbon Oceania cruise in late June and all four legs of our flight were United. I had my doubts, but they all took off and landed with a minute or two of the scheduled times. We also changed our return flights to add an extra day on the end and Oceania handled that well (for a fee!).

Actually, we did a Barcelona to Lisbon Oceania cruise in late June and all four legs of our flight were United. I had my doubts, but they all took off and landed with a minute or two of the scheduled times. We also changed our return flights to add an extra day on the end and Oceania handled that well (for a fee!).

\\

I guess we will see. Cannot wait for the end of the month to find out which airlines. I will let everyone know as soon as I find out.