Anthem Port Canaveral Rental Car Question

To update my previous post now that we are back, I ended up changing my rental from Hertz to Enterprise prior to our cruise as Enterprise had better prices and looked to be pretty close to Terminal 1 where Anthem was scheduled to dock. When we came out of the terminal, the shuttle was by in a couple of minutes. Enterprise is very close to Terminal 1. Car pick up was very quick. I would say we were in the car and on the road to WDW within 20 minutes of getting off the ship. Returning the car after hours was simple. Park the car and drop keys in the box. Ship was scheduled to leave at 9pm and we returned the car about 7:30. There were many others returning cars at this time as well. There was a cab waiting and we were told it was $5 to the ship, but it was a nice evening, so we just walked. It was less than a 10 min walk back to the ship. I will definitely rent from there again, especially if the ship is at Terminal 1. Next time, I don't even think I would take the shuttle to get the car, I would just walk.

Thank you for the info! What’s the address of the enterprise you rented from?

As mentioned by others, we rented from the Mullet office. short walk from CT1.

For reference, if renting from Alamo, National or Enterprise, all three are in same location on Mullet and use the same shuttle.

On our sailing, the Hertz shuttle was also dropping people off at Enterprise for some reason. Might have been since we were at Terminal 6 and that is farther for the shuttle to be going back and forth, so they all help each other out. Just seemed weird that a Hertz shuttle would go to that facility at all as Hertz is located out on Astronaut, not on Mullet.

• 1 month later...
To update my previous post now that we are back, I ended up changing my rental from Hertz to Enterprise prior to our cruise as Enterprise had better prices and looked to be pretty close to Terminal 1 where Anthem was scheduled to dock. When we came out of the terminal, the shuttle was by in a couple of minutes. Enterprise is very close to Terminal 1. Car pick up was very quick. I would say we were in the car and on the road to WDW within 20 minutes of getting off the ship. Returning the car after hours was simple. Park the car and drop keys in the box. Ship was scheduled to leave at 9pm and we returned the car about 7:30. There were many others returning cars at this time as well. There was a cab waiting and we were told it was $5 to the ship, but it was a nice evening, so we just walked. It was less than a 10 min walk back to the ship. I will definitely rent from there again, especially if the ship is at Terminal 1. Next time, I don't even think I would take the shuttle to get the car, I would just walk.

May I ask why you decided to go the rental car route vs the ships transportation excursion?

• 1 month later...

Just an update....we got back from the Anthem last week. Renting a car was easy at Port Canaveral. We ended up renting through Alamo, as they had the best rate. When we got off the ship, and we’re out of the terminal (terminal 6 we docked at), the Alamo/enterprise and national rental car shuttle came right away. We were at the office in 5 mins. There was no line and we were in the car in under 5 minutes. I did do online checkin ahead of time and all my information was submitted prior, making it quicker.

When we returned, the office was already closed for the day. We parked the car in the lot across the street and dropped the keys off in the drop box. There were at least 4 taxis waiting to take people back to the ship.they did charge us $15 to go to the terminal, which I thought was a lot bc Uber was saying $9.