can we order beer and wine for our mini fridge while on board.

janftica

Sailing on Gem out of NY in 10 days time. Would love to know if we can order Beer/Wine from Room Service

instead of bringing a big bottle onboard. I know we cannot bring Beer and Hubby would like some in the room.

Do they only have specific Beer in the fridge, is there any way to know what kinds of Beer is available and the price per can?

Sailing on Gem out of NY in 10 days time. Would love to know if we can order Beer/Wine from Room Service

instead of bringing a big bottle onboard. I know we cannot bring Beer and Hubby would like some in the room.

Do they only have specific Beer in the fridge, is there any way to know what kinds of Beer is available and the price per can?

I don't know if you can order specific brands of beer for your fridge but if you can't you can ask them to just empty the fridge and you can buy the beer you want in any bar and put it in the fridge.

There are two other programs that may be of interest here:

Corks N Caps - a sort of unlimited beer package

and the Buy 5 and get one free Bucket beer deal *

*note this for bottled beer - I don't know if the bottles of

beer can be stacked fitted into the mini-fridge - cans yes

In any event you can request that the beer be unopened

to take back to your cabin - with the Corks N Caps one

unit of beer at a time with maybe sliding 2 once you get

to know and tip the bartender.

With the drink package recently, I tried to get two bottles of beer unopened from one of the bars so I could take them back to the room. He said he couldn't provide unopened on the beverage package. He opened one and then handed me the other unopened saying to carry it with the neck and opening covered so no one would know it wasn't opened.

With the drink package recently, I tried to get two bottles of beer unopened from one of the bars so I could take them back to the room. He said he couldn't provide unopened on the beverage package. He opened one and then handed me the other unopened saying to carry it with the neck and opening covered so no one would know it wasn't opened.

My last ncl cruise I could get aluminum "bottles" of coors light and miller lite unopened. Not my favorites, but any port in a storm.

The per beer cost was about $8 including gratuity if not on UBP.