Symphony Pick Up/Drop Off mid cruise?

So my wife and I just booked this cruise last night, and this morning as I've done some researching, it looks like the Symphony picks up/drops off passengers in Barcelona and Rome. Is this a common thing? Reason i found it was because I didn't see anyone on the roll call for our departure date 7/26/18, but there was one on 7/29.

Royal calls that interporting, and it's common for them to do that in the Med.

Thanks, we are embarking in Rome, so we can spend a few days in advance. Is there anything to be aware of when we are in Barcelona? I'm sure it's a pretty seamless process, but any hints?

Thanks, we are embarking in Rome, so we can spend a few days in advance. Is there anything to be aware of when we are in Barcelona? I'm sure it's a pretty seamless process, but any hints?

For you, Barcelona will be a normal port stop.

As Bob said it is seamless. We embarked in Rome for our Allure cruise. When we had our port day in Barcelona we just buzzed of the ship like normal. There are no customs as it is an EU cruise. If I remember correctly those that disembarked in Rome might have had a separate line, but it has been a few years since we did this.

Interporting in the Med quite a lot! Try looking at MSC = you can get off/on at each port!!!

It works quite well - it means that there is always a group celebrating their first/last nights on board; it also means that there are suitcases in the hallways every night! It means that there are people walking around looking lost every day LOL

Just FYI

• 6 months later...
So my wife and I just booked this cruise last night, and this morning as I've done some researching, it looks like the Symphony picks up/drops off passengers in Barcelona and Rome. Is this a common thing? Reason i found it was because I didn't see anyone on the roll call for our departure date 7/26/18, but there was one on 7/29.

I'm boarding in Rome on 10/4. I am only able to see Days 1-3 in my cruise planner to make any reservations. I've emailed RCI but haven't gotten a response yet. Did you have this issue?

I'm boarding in Rome on 10/4. I am only able to see Days 1-3 in my cruise planner to make any reservations. I've emailed RCI but haven't gotten a response yet. Did you have this issue?

Unless things have changed the Day Number for cruise planner is based upon leaving from Barcelona, not Rome. My son and DIL were on their honeymoon on Harmony and got on at Rome. Missed most of their excursions because of the lack of knowledge that the days were based on Barcelona, not where they Embarked. The ship, however, did make up for it wherever they could.

Steve

I’m boarding in Rome soon and my cruise planner works as expected, ie day 1 is embarkation in Rome etc. Our excursions show the correct date. So apparently it’s fixed.

I thought the OP just booked this cruise last minute, but I see it was in January!

Edited by DrD