Medications

klfrodo

I always take my Ambien with me when I travel. I leave it in its original prescription bottle and have never had any issues. Same with any prescription medications I have taken with me over the years - I've just left them in their original bottles & have never obtained any extra documentation.

I read the article. It all seems pretty clear. Can you clarify what your query or particular issue is? Are you wanting to bring in a specific medication and you foresee problems?

Ambien and Clonazapam. 4 day pre cruise stay in AMS then a 12 day cruise.

Original bottles?

Original bottles PLUS copies of scripts?

Original bottle PLUS copies of scripts PLUS Drs. Note

All the above PLUS the Schengen letter of approval?

Or just a 21 day pill holder?

The article appears to be for residents of the Netherlands travelling abroad, not for people travelling to the Netherlands.

Official advice will probably be to have a note. But you will hear from many travellers who do not bother and have never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife has travelled extensively around Europe - in and out of Schengen - carrying her medication which includes some items on that list. She puts it all in a pill container for convenience but takes the individual boxes and the information sheets that came with them. She also has a printed list of everything and the latest scrips. No one has ever asked her to produce any documentation, but I am aware that some Middle East countries may not allow them. I have also seen warnings about visitors to the USA having problems when carrying prescribed opiates.