Stingray City Crowds

Maizy

On January 25, we will be on one of 4 ships in port (12,000+ people). I would love to visit stingray city, but is this realistic? Feeling sorry for the stingrays. Traveling with my husband and another couple, who probably won't want to do this. Any advice?

We really enjoyed stingray city a few years ago. You will not be without company but there are only so many tour operators and they know what they are doing. There are enough stingrays to please everyone, and you will be giving them a free lunch to boot.

We really enjoyed stingray city a few years ago. You will not be without company but there are only so many tour operators and they know what they are doing. There are enough stingrays to please everyone, and you will be giving them a free lunch to boot.

Thank you.

We went to Stingray city with nearly 17,000 cruise passengers in port. There were some crowds, but it was still well worth it. We used Stingray City Sailing and it was perfect. No more than 25 passengers fit on the boat and they stayed away from the crowds.

The sandbar is huge, and the boats will anchor spaced out from each other to some extent. Boats stay an hour or so them leave and another boat shows up. They have a system that works.

we did it a few years ago, and unfortunately our tour did not get there until late, so lots of boats there already when we pulled in.

two boats leaving as we backed in

CaymanScreenCapture1-L.jpg

then it was just 3 boats, all spaced out really well

CaymanScreenCapture10-L.jpg

We loved it and wouldl do it again.

I am so excited to do this, so glad it is spaced out and managed well.

Who do people recommend to book with?

Doing it next new years day - god help me!!!

In the past I went with Captain Marvin. This time we did Stingray City Sailing. I really liked Stingray City Sailing as we could all spread out more on the boat ride, but they were both great trips.