Disney Magic out of NYC - October 6-14, 2017

Tkerniroc1986

Good morning all you DCL fans! It's been a bit since I've been on the CC threads, and I just wanted to share my videos of our cruise aboard the beautiful Disney Magic out of NYC in October. This was the first Marvel Day at Sea cruise, and this is the first video of our trip into the city and embarkation. There are other videos on my channel from this cruise, but I figured I'd share the first one for those that are interested to see how boarding in New York is! Enjoy, and happy cruising!

Edited by Tkerniroc1986

• 2 months later...

Tkerniroc1986,

Thanks for sharing!

My family is considering a similar sailiing on the Magic (not Marvel day at sea though) this November. I'm curious, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how did you get to the cruise port? How difficult was it for you and your family to sail from this port? What advice would you have for other first time sailors from this port? We've cruised Disney several times, but never from NYC.

Thanks!

Tkerniroc1986,

Thanks for sharing!

My family is considering a similar sailiing on the Magic (not Marvel day at sea though) this November. I'm curious, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how did you get to the cruise port? How difficult was it for you and your family to sail from this port? What advice would you have for other first time sailors from this port? We've cruised Disney several times, but never from NYC.

Thanks!

Not a problem! Glad you enjoyed it! We actually used a Limousine company to take us to and from the port. Much cheaper than paying to park, and we got dropped off and picked up with ease! This was the first time we sailed out of NYC, we cruised in Disney out of Miami and Port Canaveral, but it was very simple. I would definitely cruise out of NYC again on Disney. Just make sure you arrive at your PAT and the Cast Members will point you in the right direction. I loved being able to see the bow of the ship when we pulled up. That was probably my favorite part. I hope this helped, and feel free to ask any further questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I’ve been pricing limo service but so far it comes in more for us than driving and parking at the port. But it would certainly be much easier and convenient so might be worth the extra $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, come to think of it, it may have been slightly more expensive to use the limo service but it’s well worth it for a relaxing drive to and from the port. It think it’s definitely worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I’ve been pricing limo service but so far it comes in more for us than driving and parking at the port. But it would certainly be much easier and convenient so might be worth the extra $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've done both, either parking at the port, parking s few blocks away for less (with transportation to the pier) and limo. The limo we did when we sailed with another couple, so that made sense for us. In September, we're doing the WBTA from Dover, so we'll probably use a limo to get back home. we only live 30 miles north, so it's not too expensive.