Copenhagen to Airport

CDay

The Regal will be docking in Copenhagen on a Sunday at 5am where we will disembark. What is the best way to get from the cruise port to the airport? Should we just bite the bullet and get a Princess transfer? Are taxi's available at the port?

thanks! :)

In 2015, contrary to Princess' warnings, taxis were plentiful at the pier. I don't remember the cost, but it was a lot cheaper for two of us than the Princess transfer. Unless something has changed drastically, a taxi is the way to go.

We used a taxi despite Princess warning there was limited availability until 10:00. Both times we had no problem getting a taxi when disembarking at 9:00 but don’t know if there would be a problem earlier.

We weren’t in a hurry to disembark the ship & despite Princess cautioning us numerous times to consider their shuttle because of limited taxi availability that wasn’t our experience. I search for cruise ship arrivals on disembarkation day as a factor when deciding what is our best transportation option.

In July 2017, there was a long line at the port for taxis to the airport. I think we waited in line about 45 minutes. That said, we all eventually got a taxi and we all eventually made it to the hotel or airport. The line was orderly and very well organized.

We tried to help things out a bit by sharing a taxi with two other people, thus splitting the cost and also making it so one less taxi was needed. Believe it or not we got 4 people, 4 large bags and 4 small carryons in one little taxi.

If you are worried about missing a flight or possibly waiting in line, then book a Princess transfer. If you have the time and don't mind a possible wait, then go for the taxi.

I think taxi availability will vary with day of week and what else is going on in Copenhagen. In September, we were trying to get a cab from the pier the ferry from Oslo uses (not the same as the cruise terminal) to the cruise terminal and despite a fairly short line (we were probably group 15 or so in line at 10:00am on a Saturday), taxis were very slow in coming. We were probably in line about 20 minutes before we made it to the front. Different time of day and location but still representative of what can happen with taxis there (but despite that delay, were checked in and ready to board Regal Princess when it started boarding about 11:30).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think we are going to use the Princess transfers. We have flights booked through EZAir that depart at 10:45am. We will need an early departure and don't want to risk having to wait in a long taxi line.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think we are going to use the Princess transfers. We have flights booked through EZAir that depart at 10:45am. We will need an early departure and don't want to risk having to wait in a long taxi line.

That's what we did in the summer of 2016. Since Baltic cruises are all in the Schengen area other than St. Petersburg, there is no Customs or Immigration to deal with so when you use Princess transfers to the airport, Princess trucks the bags to the airport and you don't touch them until there. No need to grab bags and then taken them to the bus or taxi. Our flight was at 9:55 (first Princess-legal flight time was 9:30) and we were in the second airport transfer disembarkation group. We were there, bags claimed, checked and through security and on the way to the gate by 8:00 (which left too much time to spend in the shops you must walk through after clearing security since gates aren't posted that early).