List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

Was on Liberty of the Seas last weekend. Same great setup still in place, huge dark steam room and sauna. Sauna was not as warm as I typically like it, I had to constantly keep putting water on the rocks to get the temp up. 

Great conversations in the steam room with some friendly folks. 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2024 at 9:34 PM, HLR said:

Hey MsclDad! Long time no see...send me an whatsApp message!

Hi nice to be back! Unfortunately had a huge data breach and, a new email, so shoot me an email and we can reconnect. This applies also to any guy that wants to say hello.

cruisemsclfurdad@proton.me

On 1/19/2024 at 5:31 PM, Ships and Dip said:

Was on Liberty of the Seas last weekend. Same great setup still in place, huge dark steam room and sauna. Sauna was not as warm as I typically like it, I had to constantly keep putting water on the rocks to get the temp up. 

Great conversations in the steam room with some friendly folks. 

Great to know, love a dark steam room!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nbhwarrior said:

does anyone is there a free sauna or steam on celebrity new ship ascent?

thanks

There are no free sauna or steam rooms on the Ascent or on any of the E Class ships (Edge, Apex, Beyond). You will find sauna and steam facilities as part of the Thermal Suite which is coed and has a charge to enter.

On 1/5/2024 at 11:21 PM, BlueHawaii said:

Steam room wasn't working on the Carnival Legend over our Christmas cruise.  According to the person at the front desk, it had been out of service for several cruises because they couldn't get a part. Apparently it was broken on both the men's  and women's side. The sauna was working, but it really only sits 4 comfortably.  Also, maybe because it was a very "family" heavy cruise, most guys were in bathing suits most of the time.  They also had to reset the sauna a couple of times because it wasn't getting hot enough.  All in all, pretty disappointing.  

That does sound disappointing.  The sauna/steam rooms are part of my favorite amenities on board.  I would hope they could give you some perks or comps to make up for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JourneyMan89 said:

My wife and I are considering Celebrity Equinox.  Does anyone know if that has complimentary sauna/steam room?  And are they co-ed or single-sex?

They did 6 years ago, the sauna in the changing area was quite small, the women’s sauna was larger! (I saw it on a spa tour on embarkation day!)

On 1/20/2024 at 10:57 PM, CruiseMsclDad said:

Hi nice to be back! Unfortunately had a huge data breach and, a new email, so shoot me an email and we can reconnect. This applies also to any guy that wants to say hello.

Hey there....emailed you but didn't hear back....

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2023 at 6:03 PM, Musicguy said:

They may be required but in my experience, some men do wear just a towel in the coed saunas! I did and it was not an issue. 

Makes me wonder if there any cruise ships that allow for more "European style" sauna (just a towel, no swimsuits) in mixed sex areas?  Serious sauna users know that wearing swimsuits in a sauna/steam room is not the best hygienic/therapeutic option.  As long as you're minding your manners and not flashing the ladies, why would it matter if you are covered in a towel only? 

It seems that enforcing a suit requirement might be more invasive than not.  I mean what are they going to do, walk around asking for men to open their towels to prove they have a suit on?

Anyway, just wondering if any cruise lines had a more traditional sauna attitudes.

8 hours ago, JourneyMan89 said:

Makes me wonder if there any cruise ships that allow for more "European style" sauna (just a towel, no swimsuits) in mixed sex areas?  Serious sauna users know that wearing swimsuits in a sauna/steam room is not the best hygienic/therapeutic option.  As long as you're minding your manners and not flashing the ladies, why would it matter if you are covered in a towel only? 

It seems that enforcing a suit requirement might be more invasive than not.  I mean what are they going to do, walk around asking for men to open their towels to prove they have a suit on?

Anyway, just wondering if any cruise lines had a more traditional sauna attitudes.

Aida, Costa, Carnival, MSC, RCCL, Princess - nobody went spa'ing in the buff.

To me it seems everyone does what he or she sees fit when entering the non co-ed sauna but not the co-ed spa as you say ... Didn't see that happening cruising with a Spanish and Italian crowd (nude beaches galore). Even on the german-based Aida ships (Germans are known for their nude sauna habits) there was a seperate FKK bereich (nudist area) on top deck far away from others and nobody walked around in their birthday costume in the spa 🙂
I do however shower nude at the spa's non co-ed showers (refuse to shower with any clothing - that's just stupid) and it does seem to encourage others to do so, too.

Now if we could all start going full frontal in the spa maybe we can create a revolution in cruising ... lol

• Haha 1

Hey!

Has anyone been on the Celebrity Eclipse recently? How is the free sauna in the men's changing room? Sailing on June 30th.

On 3/11/2024 at 8:55 PM, _Aquarius_ said:

Aida, Costa, Carnival, MSC, RCCL, Princess - nobody went spa'ing in the buff.

To me it seems everyone does what he or she sees fit when entering the non co-ed sauna but not the co-ed spa as you say ... Didn't see that happening cruising with a Spanish and Italian crowd (nude beaches galore). Even on the german-based Aida ships (Germans are known for their nude sauna habits) there was a seperate FKK bereich (nudist area) on top deck far away from others and nobody walked around in their birthday costume in the spa 🙂
I do however shower nude at the spa's non co-ed showers (refuse to shower with any clothing - that's just stupid) and it does seem to encourage others to do so, too.

Now if we could all start going full frontal in the spa maybe we can create a revolution in cruising ... lol

I have gone on MSC only in a towel, and not a word was said.It seemed to be mostly Americans.

21 hours ago, Edsny said:

I have gone on MSC only in a towel, and not a word was said.It seemed to be mostly Americans.

On HAL Pinnacle class ships in my experience most men go naked or with a loose towel.

14 minutes ago, alexdw said:

On HAL Pinnacle class ships in my experience most men go naked or with a loose towel.

Not in the co ed area.Maybe the single sauna.They would be put in jail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 11:40 AM, Edsny said:

Not in the co ed area.Maybe the single sauna.They would be put in jail.

I am refering to the single sex dry sauna

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 8:36 AM, HLR said:

So tell me guys...if you end up on a ship with only co-ed sauna or steam....what do you end up doing? [Aside from not booking that ship...which is what I am going to get a dozen replies saying! LOL] If you are going specifically for the theraputic benefits than paying for the thermal spa might be worthwhile...

To be honest I’d be less likely to use it. I was on Queen Victoria 3 times in the last year or so, and that still has men-only facilities. The vast majority of men use it naked, as nature intended. 

On 1/21/2024 at 11:57 AM, CruiseMsclDad said:

Nice to see you again!

On 4/24/2024 at 5:29 AM, Edsny said:

Carnival conquest still free and separate on 6 May.

I have been fortunate that my last few cruises have been on the Valor and Glory which are Conquest class, and yes, their Sauna and Steam layout is great.  Both rooms are fairly large with windows overlooking the sea.  Very relaxing.  It has me spoiled so that i always prefer a ship with both steam and sauna available in the Men's locker room.