List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

On 11/13/2023 at 5:22 PM, alexdw said:

Bathing  suits required .

They may be required but in my experience, some men do wear just a towel in the coed saunas! I did and it was not an issue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Musicguy said:

They may be required but in my experience, some men do wear just a towel in the coed saunas! I did and it was not an issue. 

Yea, how would they know if you had anything on under the towel anyway?  But that’s why I love the single-sex saunas - no bathing suit or towel wrap, just total freedom 😂 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2023 at 8:35 PM, iramack said:

Oceania Riviera Has separate Mens and Woman's Lockers/Showers and Steam/Sauna Rooms up in the spa area forward. They are free to use but the Therapy pool out on the private deck is not part of the "free" area.

SM

The above is the same for Oceania Marina.   The steam room is small, seats four tightly, any more would be standing or really, really close.   The sauna seats 6 comfortably.   The photos I have seen of Oceania's newest ship, Vista, show a very similar setup.

The smaller Oceania ships (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Sirena) have steam rooms in the men's and ladies changing rooms.  They seat 4 comfortably, six closely.   No sauna.

Joe

It's a new year and I've added Oceania Cruise ships to the database.

A friendly reminder to all users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop. (using a mouse)

Steam/Sauna Database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, or for some reason change the order of the ships it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

Enjoy!

On 12/31/2023 at 7:03 PM, Musicguy said:

In my experience for the most part, I have always seen more men in COED wet areas than women, but it could have been the time of day or night that I went.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 9:39 PM, twodjs said:

We'll be taking our first Viking Ocean Sky cruise in January. So looking forward to the spa suite!

Hey 2DJs -- recognizing your Ocean Sky cruise was years back, how was the men’s sauna? Hubby and I are headed out on Viking Star in 10 days with many sea days. Hoping to enjoy sauna time. How was it?

21 hours ago, RobertAndDennis said:

Hey 2DJs -- recognizing your Ocean Sky cruise was years back, how was the men’s sauna? Hubby and I are headed out on Viking Star in 10 days with many sea days. Hoping to enjoy sauna time. How was it?

Hey guys,

The post you responded to is quite old and 2DJ's have gone off the grid about a year ago.  However, I have been on Viking Ocean and can tell you the spa area is great!  The men's side has a nice sauna, cold plunge and 1 or 2 showers.  The co-ed part, in between the men's and women's, is also very nice with therapy pool ice room and steam.

You will enjoy it I am sure!!

2 hours ago, iramack said:

Hey guys,

The post you responded to is quite old and 2DJ's have gone off the grid about a year ago.  However, I have been on Viking Ocean and can tell you the spa area is great!  The men's side has a nice sauna, cold plunge and 1 or 2 showers.  The co-ed part, in between the men's and women's, is also very nice with therapy pool ice room and steam.

You will enjoy it I am sure!!

Thanks, Iramack. Great info. Looking forward to it indeed. 33 days cruise, with 22 being glorious sea days. Lots of sauna time I’m sure.

31 minutes ago, RobertAndDennis said:

Thanks, Iramack. Great info. Looking forward to it indeed. 33 days cruise, with 22 being glorious sea days. Lots of sauna time I’m sure.

I am Soooooo Jealous!!!  Where to Where?

1 hour ago, RobertAndDennis said:

Los Angeles to Tahiti, round trip.

If you want to chat, rstieman at gmail

OK So Now I am really really jealous!!!!

I LOVE Tahiti and the South Pacific. Been to Tahiti 4 times!!  Hawaii many times but not since I discovered Tahiti!!...............God I wish I could join on that one!!    You will have a FABULOUS time I am sure of it!!

Steve

• Like 1

Hey Steve,

We have sailed South Pacific many times. First time was Lima to Tahiti; second time Tahiti to Auckland. Then we took a post-retirement leap to do half of the world cruise (HAL), which was 51 days, the beginning part of it in that area. We do love our sea days, so our best best cruise was 90 days (HAL) -- San Diego to Sydney followed by circumnavigation of Australia; then switched ships to sail back to San Diego. This will be our first time in Viking.

Cheers, Robert.

1 hour ago, RobertAndDennis said:

Hey Steve,

We have sailed South Pacific many times. First time was Lima to Tahiti; second time Tahiti to Auckland. Then we took a post-retirement leap to do half of the world cruise (HAL), which was 51 days, the beginning part of it in that area. We do love our sea days, so our best best cruise was 90 days (HAL) -- San Diego to Sydney followed by circumnavigation of Australia; then switched ships to sail back to San Diego. This will be our first time in Viking.

Cheers, Robert.

ADOPT ME PLEASE!! 

Steam room wasn't working on the Carnival Legend over our Christmas cruise.  According to the person at the front desk, it had been out of service for several cruises because they couldn't get a part. Apparently it was broken on both the men's  and women's side. The sauna was working, but it really only sits 4 comfortably.  Also, maybe because it was a very "family" heavy cruise, most guys were in bathing suits most of the time.  They also had to reset the sauna a couple of times because it wasn't getting hot enough.  All in all, pretty disappointing.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 6:40 PM, ShipWalker said:

It's a new year and I've added Oceania Cruise ships to the database.

A friendly reminder to all users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop. (using a mouse)

Steam/Sauna Database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, or for some reason change the order of the ships it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

Enjoy!

I am super excited to go to the Oceana Vista, I have heard awesome things about this cruise line! Any information on the Vista?

19 minutes ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

I am super excited to go to the Oceana Vista, I have heard awesome things about this cruise line! Any information on the Vista?

Oceania Riviera Has separate Mens and Woman's Lockers/Showers and Steam/Sauna Rooms up in the spa area forward. They are free to use but the Therapy pool out on the private deck is not part of the "free" area. SM

VISTA is the same...................enjoy!

14 hours ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Will be on Vista in November/December for 24 nights.   Oceania is our favorite cruise line.   Beautiful ships, excellent food and great itineraries.   A refined experience overall.

Was on Riviera for 19 nights in the fall of 2022.   Steam and Sauna setup appears to be the same on Vista.  Steam is smaller holding four men cozily.   Sauna is larger holding six men easily and eight cozily,   Lockers in the main space.  Two showers one a small stall with frosted glass door you would dry off in the main locker area.  Other shower is a nicely tiled experience shower with various settings that had no door but shaped like a teardrop for some privacy.    Across the hall is another changing/locker room with two showers with frosted glass doors with attached dressing area.   Very private, never saw anyone in there.

My experience on Riviera most of the men followed spa etiquette going nude with a towel.   A couple times when a man entered in a bathing suit and found others of us nude, would often ditch his suit and go with the crowd.   Found there to be a regular crowd, well travelled and good at chit chat.   Was a nice relaxing time each time I went.

Looking forward to similar experiences on Vista.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

So I am needing up to date info on Celebrity Reflection. Spreadsheet has some info but I am not sure if it's up to date.........Celebrity website shows deck plans as of April 30 2023 so I wonder if they did anything bad at the last dry dock??

Thanks

Edited by iramack

16 minutes ago, iramack said:

So I am needing up to date info on Celebrity Reflection. Spreadsheet has some info but I am not sure if it's up to date.........Celebrity website shows deck plans as of April 30 2023 so I wonder if they did anything bad at the last dry dock??

Thanks

The spreadsheet is pretty much up to date. No physical changes have been made to the free men's sauna area. Still 3-4 showers (don't remember exactly how many), small changing area with lockers, dry sauna (no steam) hold maybe 6 guys comfortably. I was just on Reflection last year.

On 1/14/2024 at 11:15 PM, CruiseMsclDad said:

Hey MsclDad! Long time no see...send me an whatsApp message!