List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

1 hour ago, HLR said:

hi all!

Thinking about sailing the Celebrity Eclipse when it sails out of Cape Liberty Bayonne summer of 2024. I checked the list and it says there is a small free sauna. Yay! Has anyone been on the Eclipse this year to confirm/update that? [There is no verification date on the sheet]  Thanks!

Yes it does, it’s the same as the other Celebrity S class ships. Small interior sauna in the men’s changing room near the spa. Lockers and three showers also. Enjoy!

3 hours ago, Ships and Dip said:

Yes it does, it’s the same as the other Celebrity S class ships. Small interior sauna in the men’s changing room near the spa. Lockers and three showers also. Enjoy!

Thanks so much!

"Ships and Dip"...that is funny!

Looking at a cruise in Jan on NCL Star and I am reading conflicting reports on sauna and steam and spa and the spreadsheet is not clear.

If anyone has been on this ship recently can you tell me if the spa has men only sauna and steam  like  there is on the Jade and Jewel and if there is a sauna and or steam free in the gym locker room

Thank you

So tell me guys...if you end up on a ship with only co-ed sauna or steam....what do you end up doing? [Aside from not booking that ship...which is what I am going to get a dozen replies saying! LOL] If you are going specifically for the theraputic benefits than paying for the thermal spa might be worthwhile...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HLR said:

So tell me guys...if you end up on a ship with only co-ed sauna or steam....what do you end up doing? [Aside from not booking that ship...which is what I am going to get a dozen replies saying! LOL] If you are going specifically for the theraputic benefits than paying for the thermal spa might be worthwhile...

I have still used the co ed spa and most times have had some very pleasant conversations.

1 hour ago, HLR said:

As anyone paid for the Persian Garden on the Celebrity S Class ships? I will be sailing the Eclipse in July....and it looks like just a semi circle of heated loungers? Is that it???

Yes, it’s a bunch of heated loungers that overlook the ocean as well as a steam room, sauna and some rainfall showers. 

On the S Class you’re better off just sticking to the free single sex sauna in the changing room. 

1 hour ago, Ships and Dip said:

Yes, it’s a bunch of heated loungers that overlook the ocean as well as a steam room, sauna and some rainfall showers. 

On the S Class you’re better off just sticking to the free single sex sauna in the changing room. 

Yes....I had that feeling! Jajaja!

12 minutes ago, iramack said:

I will be on Regal Princess 12-3 and I am thinking I will buy the weeks pass to the enclave/thermal suite based on some of the more recent comments here..............

S

If you could help out after your cruise the Regal Princess is blank in the database.

Cruise Steam/Sauna database

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 1

Just got back from the Celebrity Constellation after a 7 day Adriatic followed by 16 day Transatlantic. There have been no changes to the men's sauna and it's still free. The sauna seats about 8 comfortably and 10 shoulder to shoulder. It still has the big round window overlooking the gorgeous sea. The rest of the men's changing room includes about 25 lockers, 3 showers plus 2 cold showers just past the sauna door.

On the first cruise it was not used too often but by the 3rd day of the TA it got quite busy at certain times of the day which led to a lot of great conversations.

The Connie will be going into drydock in April 2024 so I'm hoping they do not build cabins in that area as they did on the Millie and Summit. If so, it'll be moved to the port side, with no window, and is much smaller....but still free.

1 hour ago, STLCRUISIN said:

Just got back from the Celebrity Constellation after a 7 day Adriatic followed by 16 day Transatlantic. There have been no changes to the men's sauna and it's still free. The sauna seats about 8 comfortably and 10 shoulder to shoulder. It still has the big round window overlooking the gorgeous sea. The rest of the men's changing room includes about 25 lockers, 3 showers plus 2 cold showers just past the sauna door.

On the first cruise it was not used too often but by the 3rd day of the TA it got quite busy at certain times of the day which led to a lot of great conversations.

The Connie will be going into drydock in April 2024 so I'm hoping they do not build cabins in that area as they did on the Millie and Summit. If so, it'll be moved to the port side, with no window, and is much smaller....but still free.

Good Info! Thanks! I am sailing the MSC Meraviglia in 3 weeks and will report in. I wanted to know if anyone has been on the RCL Jewel of the Seas? On the sheet it says that the steam and sauna are now for pay....but are they co-ed or still deparate? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 4:40 PM, HLR said:

Good Info! Thanks! I am sailing the MSC Meraviglia in 3 weeks and will report in. I wanted to know if anyone has been on the RCL Jewel of the Seas? On the sheet it says that the steam and sauna are now for pay....but are they co-ed or still deparate? 

About the Jewel of the Seas:  

Check the spread sheet again. It appears to show free locker room access.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:16 PM, ouse456 said:

About the Jewel of the Seas:  

Check the spread sheet again. It appears to show free locker room access.

Here's what it says:

They’ve changed the steam/sauna to a “thermal suite” that you need to pay for to access 
Not sure exactly how they enforce this as they are still accessed via the men’s locker room which is open to all.

So I read that as if you are not paying for it you are sneaking in. And I will be the one to get caught and in trouble. HMMM.....

11 hours ago, HLR said:

Here's what it says:

They’ve changed the steam/sauna to a “thermal suite” that you need to pay for to access 
Not sure exactly how they enforce this as they are still accessed via the men’s locker room which is open to all.

So I read that as if you are not paying for it you are sneaking in. And I will be the one to get caught and in trouble. HMMM.....

Interesting. Thanks. I was looking at the grid with Jewel. It needs to be changed.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:25 PM, iramack said:

I will for sure!!  But I think I already know that it's all coed and pay to play................!

Done and as expected, Coed everything & Men's changing room small...............Boo!!

Edited by iramack

On 9/3/2023 at 1:11 AM, ShipWalker said:

I have rebuilt the Sauna database to the best of my feeble memory. I think I got all the cruise lines and ships back in. I also think I made it editable by anyone.

Please use only a desktop or laptop at this time if adding data. Too great of a chance of messing it up when using a cell phone. I should know. lol

I still have a lot of formatting still to do so don’t worry if it looks weird when adding data.  

If there are suggestions or corrections needed let me know.  Don't forget to report the date when adding data in column O.

Suggest that some of you might want to save copies of this over time in case it ever disappears again.

Cruise Steam/Sauna database

Nothing regarding oceania, is there a reason for that ?

8 hours ago, batsabode said:

Nothing regarding Oceania, is there a reason for that ?

Oceania Riviera Has separate Mens and Woman's Lockers/Showers and Steam/Sauna Rooms up in the spa area forward. They are free to use but the Therapy pool out on the private deck is not part of the "free" area.

SM

8 hours ago, iramack said:

Oceania Riviera Has separate Mens and Woman's Lockers/Showers and Steam/Sauna Rooms up in the spa area forward. They are free to use but the Therapy pool out on the private deck is not part of the "free" area.

SM

Thank you