List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

On 6/3/2023 at 9:11 AM, mojitos24 said:

Someone know's about de Carnival Venezia ? Still have a men sauna in the locker room ?

On 6/6/2023 at 10:27 PM, natefish95 said:

People have reported the sauna and small hot tub are still in there (free and a nice view to the ocean!)

On 6/20/2023 at 8:50 PM, CruiseMsclDad said:

Have you received any further updates on the spa area, she has a cool sailing out of NYC.

Here’s a video: 

• Like 1

Have any of you guys heard anything about Princess's new Sun Princess, she looks really cool, if she has separate sauna/steam for men? I was hoping since she was brand new class she might have one or the other?

Has the sauna excel sheet been fixed yet?

Thanks,
Mitch

Sun.jpg.webp

Mitch,

I would highly doubt that there is a free mens/womens wet sauna/steam area on this ship.  Princess (and most others) have been going away from the old model of cruise ship spa design and only going with the paid co-ed area on the newer ships.

You might find a deck plan on their website you cold look at to see what the layout is.

Happy Hunting my Friend!!

Steve

2 hours ago, iramack said:

Mitch,

I would highly doubt that there is a free mens/womens wet sauna/steam area on this ship.  Princess (and most others) have been going away from the old model of cruise ship spa design and only going with the paid co-ed area on the newer ships.

You might find a deck plan on their website you cold look at to see what the layout is.

Happy Hunting my Friend!!

Steve

Hi Steve, I agree with everything you say, but have a small hope. I am steeel reading reviews on some newer ships so I always have hope. My sons constantly look forward to new ships, It is getting to be an expensive trip with some of the of upscale lines.

Thanks Steve for responding.

Mitch

24 minutes ago, willcan said:

I was on both last fall and there had a perfect setup. The same layout at the Explorer.  Photos of Explorer were posted here a few days ago. 

Thank you so much that is awesome news! I was looking at the deck plans and the spa area on both looked identical. Which ship over all did you prefer?

Mitch

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Thank you so much that is awesome news! I was looking at the deck plans and the spa area on both looked identical. Which ship over all did you prefer?

Mitch

I like Mariner the best of the three. I'm impressed that they managed to "amp" this ship without screwing up the sauna. 

4 minutes ago, willcan said:

I like Mariner the best of the three. I'm impressed that they managed to "amp" this ship without screwing up the sauna. 

Will all the comments that I have received echoed what you said. I was leaning toward the Adventure because it is 7 nights, but if the Mariner is a better ship then maybe I will sacrifice that one night.

1 minute ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Will all the comments that I have received echoed what you said. I was leaning toward the Adventure because it is 7 nights, but if the Mariner is a better ship then maybe I will sacrifice that one night.

Just book both and compare. They are both good but Mariner is more updated. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was recently on  RCCL Oasis OTS.  I was so disappointed in their Spa offering.  Granted, this was my first cruise since the Anthem in 2018, but upon arriving at the Spa to use  my thermal suite pass, I came to find that there  were only four thermal lounges and no whirlpool included.  I cancelled the pass, but I was looking forward to my hot stone massage and planned to spend an hour or so before my massage enjoying the whrlpool, sauna and steam room.  Wrong!  Not included.  $200 massage and you get nothing.  My question - is this typical of every cruise line?  My daughters and I have enjoyed these ammenities on previous cruises, but it seems they are a thing of the past.

On 7/16/2023 at 2:02 PM, ladylyn915 said:

I was recently on  RCCL Oasis OTS.  I was so disappointed in their Spa offering.  Granted, this was my first cruise since the Anthem in 2018, but upon arriving at the Spa to use  my thermal suite pass, I came to find that there  were only four thermal lounges and no whirlpool included.  I cancelled the pass, but I was looking forward to my hot stone massage and planned to spend an hour or so before my massage enjoying the whirlpool, sauna and steam room.  Wrong!  Not included.  $200 massage and you get nothing.  My question - is this typical of every cruise line?  My daughters and I have enjoyed these amenities on previous cruises, but it seems they are a thing of the past.

The Oasis class ships have a poor setup for the thermal suite, and an awful location so far down in the ship. For the Freedom class and Voyager class ships that haven't already been ruined by the so-called amplification, it's so nice to be able to walk out of the fitness center, enjoy the whirlpools in the solarium, and cool off in the pool before heading back in to the complimentary sauna/steam facilities in the locker rooms. I suppose it's inevitable that they will "upgrade" the other ships as well, putting them out of the running for our future cruising enjoyment.

Hey all!

Got a great rate out of NYC/Brooklyn for the MSC Meraviglia on December 16th for a week. Though they have the big thermal spa thing...then also have a free sauna in the locker room at the gym. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently onboard the Carnival Pride. Happy to report no changes since its short dry dock this year, same-sex locker rooms still have both steam and sauna, showers and coded lockers. Hoping to meet some guys for good conversation this week!

8 hours ago, robbycruises said:

Currently onboard the Carnival Pride. Happy to report no changes since its short dry dock this year, same-sex locker rooms still have both steam and sauna, showers and coded lockers. Hoping to meet some guys for good conversation this week!

I had a GREAT time on the Spirit last year. Really nice layout. Does Pride have the mirrored locker doors like Spirit? 

4 hours ago, natefish95 said:

I had a GREAT time on the Spirit last year. Really nice layout. Does Pride have the mirrored locker doors like Spirit? 

No mirrored locker doors, they're a nice modern what I'd call "high end gym"-looking wood. It's possible the whole fitness center got a slight facelift but I didn't see it before to compare. I do know they removed the coed hot tub that was originally in the center of the gym, it's just a free weight area now. 

On 7/25/2023 at 1:42 PM, robbycruises said:

the dry dock made changes. they changed the sauna door to clear glass. they got rid of the second tier seating in the sauna. and hopefully by now they've reinstalled the towel hooks at the showers. We had to request them to reinstall the shampoo dispensers when I was on in June.

Also, the new hallway door swing open now exposes half the locker room to viewing by any people in the hallway. Not nice when you're changing clothes!

1 hour ago, tiger-91 said:

the dry dock made changes. they changed the sauna door to clear glass. they got rid of the second tier seating in the sauna. and hopefully by now they've reinstalled the towel hooks at the showers. We had to request them to reinstall the shampoo dispensers when I was on in June.

Also, the new hallway door swing open now exposes half the locker room to viewing by any people in the hallway. Not nice when you're changing clothes!

Oh wow! Sorry I guess I should have said no removals. I agree the locker door is stupid, you have to hide around the corner not to be exposed. No towel hooks yet either. I heard from a guy that the steam outlet is much better now and less likely to burn your legs though. 

19 hours ago, tiger-91 said:

how weird! On Spirit there is a curtain around the door that can be closed. The locker room attendant always made sure the curtain was closed around the door. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, iramack said:

Anyone have any info on Regal Princess.  The entry on the spreadsheet is empty.

Thanks

SM

Hi! I was on the Regal Princess a few years ago. Gorgeous ship! BUT..No free steam or sauna at that time. Only the paid co-ed spa. I took a tour and I didn't care for it as it was all interior...no windows at all. Though things can change with drydocks...