San Juan cab fare

vawalkers

The taxi fare is flat rate per taxi, not per person, and they add $1 per bag. Sometimes they add a small fuel surcharge.

When you get in line for a taxi at the airport a guy will ask you where you are going, then hand you a slip of paper with a breakdown of your fee, along with the total charge.

I just took a taxi on January 3rd, there were seven of us. It was a flat rate for the first five people ($12) and then $2 per person after that, for a total of $16. We went from the cruise ship port to Plaza del Quinto Centenario near the San Felipe Castle.

Would you recommend scheduling a taxi pick up at the Pan Am pier to the airport day of disembarkation? Or are there plenty of taxis at the pier?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

lots of cabs and vans at pier---a very efficient loading operation

We arrived in San Juan today on an American Airlines Flight? We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott Miramar. The sign at the Taxi Stand stated $15 to Mirarmar. We told the dispatcher we needed a taxi to Courtyard and he wrote a voucher for $20. Two of us and 2 bags I guess. Taxis were plentiful at the airport. Our ride was quick and uneventful so we were pleased. The hotel stated the taxi to the ship would be $15 plus $1 per bag.

• 2 weeks later...