Does NCL offer an afternoon tea like I had on Carnival?

For the ones who has taken ncl in the past, ncl used to have an afternoon tea on the SS Norway ( we cruised it twice). I thought i remembered it was provided, and after googling for it, found this:

English high tea is served in the afternoons in Club Internationale on the International Deck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Forums mobile app

For the ones who has taken ncl in the past, ncl used to have an afternoon tea on the SS Norway ( we cruised it twice). I thought i remembered it was provided, and after googling for it, found this:

English high tea is served in the afternoons in Club Internationale on the International Deck.

I really find all things ship fascinating - Google tells me that the SS Norway had a terrible boiler explosion that eventually led to it being scrapped in India.

Ah the Cunard tea looks as nice as HAL'a long long time ago (10+ years since we have cruised them, not sure if they have it anymore). They had the royal Dutch high tea one afternoon which was completely over the top lovely and normal afternoon tea (which looked like the Cunard one) the other days.

We ordered their tea with a Just for Us package to our cabin too. It looked lovely and was the Cunard type shown here but more extensive.

So we were happy to notice one of NCL packages included afternoon tea served in your cabin. OMG we laughed when it came. It was a selection of tea bags, hot water and the same kind of cookies they serve you at Great Outdoors [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Nothing more. No finger sandwiches. No scones with jam and clotted cream. Not even brewed tea [emoji23] Just hot water, tea bags (mind you the selection was extensive [emoji16]) and cookies. Must have been some sweetener or sugar too. If I find a pic of it I will post later but not sure if we took pics of it as well...it looked quite nothing to take a pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we were happy to notice one of NCL packages included afternoon tea served in your cabin. OMG we laughed when it came. It was a selection of tea bags, hot water and the same kind of cookies they serve you at Great Outdoors [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Nothing more. No finger sandwiches. No scones with jam and clotted cream. Not even brewed tea [emoji23] Just hot water, tea bags (mind you the selection was extensive [emoji16]) and cookies. Must have been some sweetener or sugar too. If I find a pic of it I will post later but not sure if we took pics of it as well...it looked quite nothing to take a pics.

Aww, good to know it was laughable. I was going to look into that package, but I suppose I can just head up to the buffet. Would love to see pics if you can find them. :)

Ah the Cunard tea looks as nice as HAL'a long long time ago (10+ years since we have cruised them, not sure if they have it anymore). They had the royal Dutch high tea one afternoon which was completely over the top lovely and normal afternoon tea (which looked like the Cunard one) the other days.

We ordered their tea with a Just for Us package to our cabin too. It looked lovely and was the Cunard type shown here but more extensive.

I think the tea bags and lukewarm water is the norm...LOL My DD and I stayed at the Queen Mary twice and enjoyed afternoon tea there. It was wonderful with a menu of choices.

Oceania (the mid tier cruise line in the NCL group) does a nice tea. Here is a link to some pictures from a recent cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54867023&postcount=115

Thank you for linking the photos! Love the white-gloved service.

Also, that Christmas tree in one of the photos makes me a little sad that the holidays are over for now.

That’s a great bit of history! Love it. So interesting to hear of how cruising has evolved and changed over the years.