Does NCL offer an afternoon tea like I had on Carnival?

Nope, not that I know of ... on NCL ... something like this, in case the butler did something up in Haven

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y66cfuf57pctv35/MDR%20-%20High%20Tea.jpg?dl=0

Done it @CCL several years ago in the MDR - it is a scaled down, modified one ... nothing like the real Afternoon Tea, properly served with a 3-tier cake plate/stand.

Nope, not that I know of ... on NCL ... something like this, in case the butler did something up in Haven

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y66cfuf57pctv35/MDR%20-%20High%20Tea.jpg?dl=0

Done it @CCL several years ago in the MDR - it is a scaled down, modified one ... nothing like the real Afternoon Tea, properly served with a 3-tier cake plate/stand.

Wow, that looks nice.

No Haven for us unless we try to go for an upgrade!

Title says it all. Carnival had an afternoon tea in the MDR on sea days, just wondering if NCL has something similar?

No.

You will find a fair number of differences between the two lines. Example: NCL still uses tablecloths in the main dining rooms.

The ones on Princess are very nice indeed and I did attend eons ago both times we sailed Princess. Carnival was a "hot mess" on one of my cruises. They ran out of items and then said, "oh my we are sorry the baker did not make enough". The water was not hot for brewing teas no matter which variety. Yep, I did bring all of this to the notice of the head person in the dining room at the time and customer relations. They send my DD and I a slew of desserts to our cabin. I chalked it up to a "Carnival 4-day don't expect much experience" and moved on. It would be nice to have this offered on NCL but they do have a wine tasting. ;)

The ones on Princess are very nice indeed and I did attend eons ago both times we sailed Princess. Carnival was a "hot mess" on one of my cruises. They ran out of items and then said, "oh my we are sorry the baker did not make enough". The water was not hot for brewing teas no matter which variety. Yep, I did bring all of this to the notice of the head person in the dining room at the time and customer relations. They send my DD and I a slew of desserts to our cabin. I chalked it up to a "Carnival 4-day don't expect much experience" and moved on. It would be nice to have this offered on NCL but they do have a wine tasting. ;)

I mean... I'm also a fan of wine and wouldn't mind an afternoon wine time. ;p

Be careful they were very "moreish" and the jam was almost proper JAM not the stuff you get in the little packets at breakfast, sometimes it was even strawberry jam. The cream wasn't proper clotted cream, really the only thing to have with scones, but quite passable.

One problem thought is that every so often they made cheese scones!!! Didn't really go with jam and cream.

Nothing on NCL like they do on Princess which is a great pity. Afternoon Tea on a sea day on Princess we always look forward to.

I would wholeheartedly agree! Princess does this well. Nothing close to this on NCL. Each cruise line is different I suppose.

I would wholeheartedly agree! Princess does this well.

Unfortunately it is a little to late in the afternoon if you are used to an early dinner as you can't really do it justice. Last summer when we made good use of it there were days when there were less than 24 partaking which was a shame. Previously we have been waiting in line to get a place well before serving time. I can see Princess doing away with it; not 'economically' viable.

The one time I sailed Celebrity they had a mid-afternoon buffet of teas and fancy

desserts. It was set up in a lobby and had the look of what you would see at

a wedding. It was great.

On NCL in the afternoon you can get desserts and make yourself a cup of tea

at the buffet and eat it by the pool or in your room etc. It was notfancy like with

silver teapots, etc and desserts on pedestal plates like Celebrity but I thought it tasted great.