plumbing problems in cabins

elevator problems (not working)

unsanitary conditions at the buffet with food handling

smoking all over the open decks and not just in designated areas

service issues with cabins being made up

food poisoning due to uncooked foods

Poor service at bars

poor customer service in general

All this has me WORRIED! I know the only way i'm going to know for sure is by sailing but there are soooooo many negative reviews!

I am chalking this up to it being a new ship. They had deadlines to meet and they met them...unfortunately at a cost. We are booked in July so I am ( we as a family) not worried. Things usually work out. They need to get the ship fully staffed...rather that partially staffed with "borrowed" crew. The food and maintenance problems I think will fall into place when that happens. Issues always come up on the first several sailings its a chance you take. I my self am looking forward to July. Food well that is a matter of opinion. What is great to one person is terrible to another. Some people want their food straight from the pan HOT others prefer it barely warm. We are not picky eaters. While I am sure everyone is not getting hot food when they should I think it is something that they will work on. Like I said it sounds like a lot of the issues may have to do with staffing.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Some things probably won't change much, like food, service, and overall organization. These were never MSC's strong points regardless of how long the ship has been in service for.

MSC is known for spotless ships, beautiful ships, and great entertainment (if you like Cirque style shows). Also a great value. I think SEASIDE will live up to those strong points in time.

I"m also taking reviews right now with a grain of salt, as I don't think SEASIDE has really had time to shine yet. Not only is it a brand new ship, but a brand new prototype design that is unproven. The ship will find its way but first they have to figure it all out, and that takes at least several cruises. Besides all that, the only cruises so far besides the inaugural transatlantic have been holiday cruises. Holiday cruises are always filled to the max, carry lots of kids, and tend to put the crew through their paces to utmost extreme. They are challenging. This goes for any line. Most ships don't shine at their best during holiday cruises.

Todays departure is really the first "normal" cruise. The ship is not likely filled to capacity and there has been some time to figure things out. Lets see how the reviews are after this cruise, and I think that will be a better indication of things to come.

plumbing problems in cabins ... We had a minor one with the shower which was fixed within 12 hours.

elevator problems (not working) All were working during our Xmas cruise.

unsanitary conditions at the buffet with food handling. We never saw any of this and it is likely that someone with nothing better to do ws making michief.

smoking all over the open decks and not just in designated areas. Other than where they were supposed to be we never saw anyone smoking in other areas.

service issues with cabins being made up. Yes we have heard of a few but that is more down to MSC having increased the number of cabins the stewards have to clean.

food poisoning due to uncooked foods. This again appears to be people with a grudge to bear in our eyes.

Poor service at bars. Slow not poor due to staffing issues but not everywhere.

poor customer service in general. We had no issues with customer service, those issues we did have were dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Thank you all for the encouraging comments. I get it....ships have kinks to work out at first...but the reviews are so negative even for a new ship. I'm just going to cross my fingers...close my eyes...and go for it!

This happens with many new ships. Go back and read the initial reviews of NORWEGIAN EPIC and even QUEEN MARY 2. Disasters, at least according to the reviews.

Honestly take them with a grain of salt. Remember the vast majority that enjoyed themselves don’t write reviews. You will never hear from them. It’s those that had complaints or a gripe that tend to be the most vocal. They will come out of the woodwork, even if they have never posted before. I’ve been a member of CC for a long time, and I’ve seen this pattern countless times.

IMO, when and after I read reviews on all sorts of subjects with the cruise lines we cruise on I've realize that the reviews are opinions from the people who experienced good, bad and ugly situations/problems. With that said have we had problems/good experiences?, the answer is yes but usually I don't post every little meaningless item. Take a step back and look at the actual number of people posting on any subject matter and you'll find that it's the same people or a very limited number of people from a certain cruise and in my thoughts that's an unfair representation of the ENTIRE passenger experience, most people are set in their own ways and if something doesn't fit in their ways then it must be bad. Just saying, and by the way this is an opinion. Believe it or not most people who cruise don't even know this website exists.

We have sailed on the Divina and Meraviglia and did not have any problems with service, food etc, as for the elevators, they were busy at times but everything was working. I will enjoy my cruise on the Seaside in march no matter what!