bringing drinks on board

kutty77

Please no nasty rude comments I am asking if you are allowed to or has anyone brought any drinks aboard a Carnival ship? My family doesn't drink soda and we go thru like a 40 pack of water within like 4-5 days! We also love to drink Diet snapple. With that being said are we allowed to bring a case of water and a case of snapple with us? Also I notice that this cruise is schedule to set sail at 5:00 pm and I know that we have to select a time to board the ship but does anyone know what the earliest time that is available? Thanks for you help

From the CCL FAQs:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

• A $15 USD corkage fee, per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, steakhouse or bar. A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle served that was not bought on the premises.

Bottled Water

We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on their own supply of bottled water so as part of this policy we have reduced the pricing for (purified) bottled water which will be conveniently delivered directly to your stateroom. Once onboard, the purchase is non-refundable; guests may take home any unopened bottles.

Pricing for Niagara Purified Drinking Water is as follows:

• $4.50 USD for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for pre-cruise purchase. Please visit The Fun Shops at www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-stateroom-beverages/water to place your order before your cruise to ensure we have an ample supply onboard.
  • $4.50 USD (plus 15% gratuity) for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for purchase onboard by contacting Room Service.

Thank you. I know they have said the same for my last 2 cruises and as I walk by the luggage porters and in the hallway. I seen many packages of drinks that are slapped with a luggage tag on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also I notice that this cruise is schedule to set sail at 5:00 pm and I know that we have to select a time to board the ship but does anyone know what the earliest time that is available? Thanks for you help

Usually 10:30am.

Please no nasty rude comments I am asking if you are allowed to or has anyone brought any drinks aboard a Carnival ship? My family doesn't drink soda and we go thru like a 40 pack of water within like 4-5 days! We also love to drink Diet snapple. With that being said are we allowed to bring a case of water and a case of snapple with us? Also I notice that this cruise is schedule to set sail at 5:00 pm and I know that we have to select a time to board the ship but does anyone know what the earliest time that is available? Thanks for you help

You cannot take bottles of water or Snapple on with you. You can take 12 cans however, and get more in ports. You can go ahead (right now) and order water from Carnival and it'll be in your cabin when you arrive or shortly after. Their prices are pretty good.

When you select your arrival appointment, I think it's 10:30 or 11 is the earliest you can select. Again though, that's what time you can arrive at the terminal, not your boarding time.

Remember if you run out of fruit juice (cans, boxes or capri sun type) you can carry more on when returning from a port. Every island has a WalMart, LOL

Oh and order the water now while you are thinking about it so you won't have to pay 15% tip to room service.

Not to hijack the thread, but going by their rules, that means that my girlfriend and I can bring a total of 2 750ml bottles of champagne, and a 12 pack of sodas, correct? What if the champagne bottles don't show the volume on the bottle?

Many years ago you could put a luggage tag on a case of water and it would be delivered to their cabin. But this has always against policy. Last year I saw a person dropping off a case of water with the porters. Remember the porters are not Carnival employees and work for tips so they are not necessarily interested in enforcing Carnival's policies. It is likely the case of water I saw dropped off did not make it to the cabin. In the same way a person can put a iron in their luggage but Carnival will not delivery it to the cabin.

Not to hijack the thread, but going by their rules, that means that my girlfriend and I can bring a total of 2 750ml bottles of champagne, and a 12 pack of sodas, correct? What if the champagne bottles don't show the volume on the bottle?

Yes you can. Since it's 2 of you, you can take 24 cans of soda also rather than 12. Even if a toddler was going, you could take their allotment as well.

Please forgive this stupid question. I know policy clearly says NO bottles but I could understand about GLASS bottles. But what about the plastic soda bottles that come 6-8 a pack? If my memory serves me correctly, my family brought these on a few years back when we cruised on the Legend. I'm fully aware that policies can and do change frequently but I did want to ask if anyone has had any recent experience with these plastic soda bottles.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Please forgive this stupid question. I know policy clearly says NO bottles but I could understand about GLASS bottles. But what about the plastic soda bottles that come 6-8 a pack? If my memory serves me correctly, my family brought these on a few years back when we cruised on the Legend. I'm fully aware that policies can and do change frequently but I did want to ask if anyone has had any recent experience with these plastic soda bottles.

No Bottles, period.

I also like Snapple. I order 2 packs of water from Carnival and have it waiting in the room when we get there. I also bring the boxes of Snapple singles to go lemon tea. There are 6 packets in each box, and each packet makes 16 ozs of tea. I order the Snapple online from Rite Aid pharmacy, and usually can get it for $0.70 per box. Doing this is so much easier than bringing on the water or sodas. Just order the water, throw a few boxes of Snapple in my luggage and I am set for drinks for the whole cruise.

No bottles because people were smuggling alcohol on board in bottles. You can open a bottle of water, pour it out and put vodka in it to smuggle on board but you can't do that with cans so they made the no bottle rule.

They no longer allow any type of bottle that can be opened and replaced with alcohol. Drink boxes, cans and the pouches only.

I also like Snapple. I order 2 packs of water from Carnival and have it waiting in the room when we get there. I also bring the boxes of Snapple singles to go lemon tea. There are 6 packets in each box, and each packet makes 16 ozs of tea. I order the Snapple online from Rite Aid pharmacy, and usually can get it for $0.70 per box. Doing this is so much easier than bringing on the water or sodas. Just order the water, throw a few boxes of Snapple in my luggage and I am set for drinks for the whole cruise.

Thank you so much. That's a good plan and I also can do crystal light packs