Royal's " a recap of all your 2017 adventures" email

Hello all,

Did anyone else get the email from Royal that was supposed to be a recap of your sailing with them in 2017? I got that this morning and it was a lovely review of our Rhapsody cruise last January. Very nice of them but our last cruise with Royal was 12 days on Radiance in May. Got to love their record keeping. ;p :D

39511542212_779bef2ff9_b.jpg

RCI email correctly remembered our one and only cruise this year on Anthem. There may be hope for their "Award Winning Web Site" after all ;p

dp

Please, there’s no hope. My DH’s was wrong and just yesterday he received a Welcome to the Crown and Anchor Society where they gave him the 9 points we’ve been waiting to show up from a December cruise. That email said he was a Gold Member even after being D+ for many years. They even gave him a brand new C&A number!

That could explain why we’ve had to go to Loyalty our last two cruises to get our 3 amenities.

After a hold of 27 minutes, I was able to talk to C&A yesterday and I have this sneaky feeling we are super messed up now. There’s no hope.

Please, there’s no hope. My DH’s was wrong and just yesterday he received a Welcome to the Crown and Anchor Society where they gave him the 9 points we’ve been waiting to show up from a December cruise. That email said he was a Gold Member even after being D+ for many years. They even gave him a brand new C&A number!

That could explain why we’ve had to go to Loyalty our last two cruises to get our 3 amenities.

After a hold of 27 minutes, I was able to talk to C&A yesterday and I have this sneaky feeling we are super messed up now. There’s no hope.

Holy carp. I just looked at the bottom of that email and they did the same to me. Brand new C&A number and gold status instead of Diamond Plus. :eek:

Blithering idiots. :mad:

24676419567_ee83143639_o.jpg

Holy carp. I just looked at the bottom of that email and they did the same to me. Brand new C&A number and gold status instead of Diamond Plus. :eek:

Blithering idiots. :mad:

I called C&A and they had no reason why there was two accounts but they merged them into my old account. :eek:

They did get my cruise right. They mentioned all the great activities at Labadee. However, I happened to be aboard Freedom as it sailed right by Labadee because of the weather situation.

Thankfully, I have not been re-branded in the C&A department.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I called C&A and they had no reason why there was two accounts but they merged them into my old account. :eek:

My call to C and A revealed others have also received the Welcome to Gold emails, they said it’s just a glitch. Nope, I have no confidence in their ability to fix our accounts. Our missing December points went to our new C and A identities. They performed a merge but that won’t be available to be seen on their website for a week. Great, in a week we will be on another cruise wondering again why our amenities aren’t available. SMH.

Last week and the week before it was the duplicate gift certificate glitch and then there was the glitch where they sent them out again and again. I got 8 duplicate gift certificates. Hey RCI, just what gives????

Let me continue my rant. It took 27 minutes of waiting in queue until C&A answered. It took 30 minutes of sitting at Loyalty’s desk while waiting for C&A to even answer the phone. With the glitch prone system RCI has, can’t they at least staff the call center appropriately?

Edited by CruiseKeeper

Now I have to check my email again... perhaps they "Re-branded" me as well. If they make an error on my C&A maybe they'll bump me up to D or D+... if they do, I'm NOT calling to fix it ;p.

dp

EDIT: Nope... just checked. Still just a lowly gold.:cool:

Let me continue my rant. It took 27 minutes of waiting in queue until C&A answered. It took 30 minutes of sitting at Loyalty’s desk while waiting for C&A to even answer the phone. With the glitch prone system RCI has, can’t they at least staff the call center appropriately?

What makes my eyes roll, is when waiting on hold, they invite you to check out their "Award Winning Website"... I wonder what award they received...

Golden-Plunger-You-Stink-Award.jpg

dp

I did not receive the email. We only went on one cruise last year (Radiance in Alaska) so maybe that has something to do with it? OOPS, maybe not. After rereading this thread it looks others only went on one last year. I'm trying to figure out why some got it and others didn't. Could C&A status have something to do with it? It looks like those of you that were rebranded went from D+ to Gold. I'm only Emerald (Diamond in two months after getting off Adventure :D). Was this sent to Diamond and above, maybe?