Clamato

Canadian asking here.. I've never ordered a Ceasar on board ... Does anyone know if they have a clamato on board?

(bloody Mary's are putrid)

Thanks

They usually have it, but not a whole lot, and I've seen it run out. We know a couple of guys that bring their own.

Canadian asking here.. I've never ordered a Ceasar on board ... Does anyone know if they have a clamato on board?

(bloody Mary's are putrid)

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1000% agree with the Bloody Mary' comment.

If you love proper Caesars, bring your own clamato. The added benefit you will be the most popular cruiser on board if you introduce your fellow cruisers to the nectar which is a proper Caesar. :D

THey have Clamato but can never make a true Caesar. They just mix vodka and Clamato and hand it to you. I always bring my own celery salt because you can’t have a Caesar without celery salt!

But do they have celery stalks? :)

I Don't know if they still make them, but they made a BLT Ceasar that had a long stick with a crispy bacon, cherry tomato and a romain lettuce leaf. AWESOME !!!

I didn't mind if there was no celery;p

dp

What is clamato????

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 asking!

You make a bloody Mary with tomato juice. A bloody Caesar is the same thing but with clamato juice instead (i.e. tomato juice with added clam juice). Usually abbreviated to a 'Caesar'. With Tabasco and Lea & Perrins, of course. Clamato seems to be a Canadian invention, almost impossible to find outside of Canada. And you thought we were boring and dull and nice?

You make a bloody Mary with tomato juice. A bloody Caesar is the same thing but with clamato juice instead (i.e. tomato juice with added clam juice). Usually abbreviated to a 'Caesar'. With Tabasco and Lea & Perrins, of course. Clamato seems to be a Canadian invention, almost impossible to find outside of Canada. And you thought we were boring and dull and nice?

Clamato was originally produced in New York. And I can get it at the grocery store here at home. So almost impossible is not true here in Washington state.

Clamato was originally produced in New York. And I can get it at the grocery store here at home. So almost impossible is not true here in Washington state.

In my experience as well, Clamato is easy to find in grocery stores in the states. Ordering a Caesar in the states is another thing entirely....bars don't commonly stock clamato and bartenders often have no idea what a Caesar is, although it may be different in states bordering Canada. (I live in the south)

Important thread for us Canadians!

Going on Anthem on Jan. 19, anyone recently on her and know if they stock Clamato/know what a Caesar is? Since sails to Canada in the summer, I would think they do?

I will thoroughly research this on my own and report back though;)

Now l am really looking forward to this cruise!

Important thread for us Canadians!

Going on Anthem on Jan. 19, anyone recently on her and know if they stock Clamato/know what a Caesar is? Since sails to Canada in the summer, I would think they do?

I will thoroughly research this on my own and report back though;)

Now l am really looking forward to this cruise!

I was on Anthem last march. We had no problems getting Caesars in any of the bars we were in. Did not see witch brand of clamato they were using.

Another good reason to like Washington State, thank you for that. We'll enjoy on our next visit.

Agreed. I grew up in Wash St. and we always had it in the house growing up (esp for red beers!).