1st time on NW... Questions :)

ShakerFamily

First time cruisers with Norwegian, Epic to be precise!

•Are there refrigerators in the cabins? If not can we request one for medications?

•How does room service work, $7.95 yes? How long does it usually take? Any specific hours?

•How many bottles of wine/champagne have you brought on?

(I called and they said there was not a limit, just a corking fee if needed. Our travel wine is a twist top).

•Is March a good time to visit the Bahamas?

(It’s the beginning of our rainy stormy season here in FL)

❤️ I will probably end up asking more questions in the comments below as I think of them!

Edited by ShakerFamily

Are there refrigerators in the cabins? If not can we request one for medications?

There is a minibar filled with items for purchase. You can request that your room steward empty the mini-fridge.

How does room service work, $7.95 yes? How long does it usually take? Any specific hours?

There is a room service menu in your room. Food is available 24/7. Continental breakfast is free. All other food (including hot breakfast) incur a $7.95 charge. There is also a 24/7 restaurant available (O'Shehans) if you get late night munchies.

How many bottles of wine/champagne have you brought on?

(I called and they said there was not a limit, just a corking fee if needed)

That is correct. You need to hand carry all wine onboard and pay the corkage fee for every bottle (not if needed). You pay the fee regardless of where the wine is consumed.

Does anyone know how much the Blue man Group show is?

Blue Man is no longer performing. Their contract ended in October 2015. The two Broadway shows are now Pricilla Queen of the Desert and Burn the Floor. Free.

Is March a good time to visit the Bahamas? (It’s the beginning of our rainy stormy season here in FL)

Yes.

❤️🤦🏻*♀️ I will probably end up asking more questions in the comments below as I think of them!

We have sailed on the Epic 7 times and love the ship.

Our go to travel wine is a twist top. Surely they wouldn’t charge the corking fee still? ����*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It only pays if you bring really good wine. $15. corkage plus say $15. for your bottles you might as well pay $35. for their wine and you don't have to lug it around.

Our go to travel wine is a twist top. Surely they wouldn’t charge the corking fee still? 🤷🏻*♀️

Corking fee is a generic term for bring your own bottle -they will charge I promise you.

The BMG was actually off the ship some considerable time earlier then October 2015 - indeed it was off before the refit in September 2015. It will not be back. We were told by some crew at the time that end of contract was less than amicable and indeed we heard they simply pulled the cast without notice. Great show

Our go to travel wine is a twist top. Surely they wouldn’t charge the corking fee still? *♀️

corking fee is a term that is used throughout the industry and has nothing to do with whether it is a screw top or actually has a cork. You will pay the same price $15 for a 750 mil bottle and $30 for a larger one. Unless you are extremely picky about the wine you drink, it is often better to just take the UBP. But this has to be your decision.

As for the weather, it should be fine or maybe a little rainy but there is no way to know what weather will be like regardless of when one travels. I would be more concerned about how many kids will be on the ship during spring break than the weather. If the number of kids isn't going to bother you don't concern yourself too much with the weather.

It only pays if you bring really good wine. $15. corkage plus say $15. for your bottles you might as well pay $35. for their wine and you don't have to lug it around.

I disagree, I can get a decent wine for under $15, pay the fee, save money and not drink a $5 bottle of wine.

Our go to travel wine is a twist top. Surely they wouldn’t charge the corking fee still? 🤷🏻*♀️

The corking fee is charged for any bottle you bring on board, whether or not you ever open it or use it. It is charged to you upon boarding.

The corkage fee (not corking fee) has nothing to do with the actual cork. NCL is allowing you the privilege to bring your own wine onboard and consume anywhere on the ship. $15 is actually quite reasonable. We brought on 10 bottles a few weeks ago for our Escape cruise.

As for room service, to save a little, you can also go to deck 15. The Garden Grille was open until about 10 pm and then they moved the buffet to outside on the deck (less options but not bad) the kids and I would have dinner, hang out around the ship together and then do our own thing for a couple hours..then we would meet back at the room (we were on deck 14) go up to the buffet and get some stuff to snack on and then head back to the room and watch a movie. Anything my kids would of ordered from room service they had in the buffet.

They Epic was our 1st cruise with Norwegian. We loved it. The bathrooms worked out for us. We are cruising NCL again this Feb but on the Getaway just because of the dates, I would cruise Epic again.

That is correct. You need to hand carry all wine onboard and pay the corkage fee for every bottle (not if needed). You pay the fee regardless of where the wine is consumed.

The nickel and diming seems endless on NCL....whether it be corkage, room service, etc. Granted you can bring unlimited bottles of wine on board....but who would actually do that anyway... Atleast on Carnival and other lines you can each bring a bottle and not incur any corkage fee unless consumed in MDR....Another reason why I continue to steer away from NCL

The nickel and diming seems endless on NCL....whether it be corkage, room service, etc. Granted you can bring unlimited bottles of wine on board....but who would actually do that anyway... Atleast on Carnival and other lines you can each bring a bottle and not incur any corkage fee unless consumed in MDR....Another reason why I continue to steer away from NCL

Before the UBP, we’d bring 7 bottles on.