Eden Rock/Sunset House & Seven Mile Beach?

bigvince76

Hi all,

We're having a dilemma for our day on Grand Cayman...there are loads of ships due in (c. 17,000 people...) and a couple of the boat tours we fancied have sold out already.

So, would this plan work?

Get off ship, walk to Eden Rock or Sunset House (depending on which people think would be viable), snorkel, walk in to Georgetown for some lunch, bus to Seven Mile Beach (to say we've been more than anything else), bus back to port, back on board.

We're due in port from 7am-4pm, so let's say we've got from 9am-3pm to be on the safe side.

Is this plan viable? Is there a bus to somewhere close to Sunset House to save time on that stretch?

Thanks for any advice.

Why n to go straight to 7 mile beach and eat there? Calico Jacks has food/drink/beach/restrooms....pretty much everything you need! Saves time going back to town, then back to the beach, then back to town for the port....

The buses run almost everywhere. You can google Grand Cayman bus routes.....lots of info online!

Why n to go straight to 7 mile beach and eat there? Calico Jacks has food/drink/beach/restrooms....pretty much everything you need! Saves time going back to town, then back to the beach, then back to town for the port....

The buses run almost everywhere. You can google Grand Cayman bus routes.....lots of info online!

Agree with going to Calico Jacks at 7 Mile Beach. Almost everything you're wanting is there in one place.

We would take a taxi rather than a bus. ;)

I am Mrs BigVince76. Thanks for your responses. Can I assume from your recommendation that there is snorkeling from the beach at Calico Jack's?

Snorkeling is our priority, hence the idea of Eden Rock/Sunset House.

I am Mrs BigVince76. Thanks for your responses. Can I assume from your recommendation that there is snorkeling from the beach at Calico Jack's?

Snorkeling is our priority, hence the idea of Eden Rock/Sunset House.

No, the snorkeling at Calico Jack's is not very good at all. :(

If you're looking to save travel time, walk to Eden Rock for the snorkelling, since it's closer and quite good. (Both Eden Rock & Sunset House are better for more experienced snorkelers, though.) Afterwards, just walk back to the port area and grab a taxi to Calico Jacks. The taxi is about $6pp each way versus the $2.50pp each way for the bus, so it's worth the extra few dollars if time is an issue. Easily doable.

If you're beginning snorkelers or not strong swimmers, I'd suggest a different plan. Bring your own snorkel gear and taxi to Cemetery Beach to snorkel there, then walk back along SMB to Calico Jacks (~1.5 miles, ~30 min walk) for the rest of your day. Bus or taxi back to port.