Are these dresses too formal for Elegant Night?

gardn198

Hi guys!

EDIT --- HOW DO I ADD PHOTOS TO A POST WITHOUT THE **** showing up??

A few friends have told me these dresses are too formal for Cruise Elegant. I don't really have anything less formal without being too un-formal and I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed - but I also don't want to look silly! Do you think these could work for Formal Night?

Dress 1:

Dress 2:

My advice is to wear what you want! IF you and your friends/family etc are all dressing up then you won't look silly at all. You'll just look like you want to dress up. I'd say that unless you are bringing a floor length gown(which would be impossible to pack) then any lovey dress would be fine.

If you are all sparkly with sequins etc then there may not be a lot of other women with similar dresses but who cares???

My advice is to wear what you want! IF you and your friends/family etc are all dressing up then you won't look silly at all. You'll just look like you want to dress up. I'd say that unless you are bringing a floor length gown(which would be impossible to pack) then any lovey dress would be fine.

If you are all sparkly with sequins etc then there may not be a lot of other women with similar dresses but who cares???

I was told one night is floor length and one night is short?? Is that not the case?

I think they look great and you should wear both. I wear just as fancy on my cruises and often they are floor length. I like dressing up, it makes me feel good and I don't care what anyone else thinks. At least I'm not as bad as my mom. She has a separate bag for her shoes and has a matching pair for each dress every night and she loves it. My dad wears a tux both nights. Now my husband wears a dress shirt but no jacket or tie. I say do what makes you happy!!

Totally up to you. I have never taken a long dress on a cruise, I fly and I'm not all that thrilled at having to get dressed up in the first place. They both look nice, if you have them and want to pack them, have at it and enjoy!

I like both dresses also. Love elegant night and enjoy seeing everyone dressed up. I wear pants and a nice top and my husband wears a shirt with tie sometimes a suit. I have seen ladies wearing long formal dresses and heard them getting lots of compliments.

Ah I figured it out - here you go

I dont think its too formal at all. One of my dresses is to the floor, but very light weight. Cruising is one of they few times a year I get to go all out,so I really dress up, especially if taking photos. It seems everyone has their own idea of what elegance is. I see some in dresses Id think were casual work wear and some dressed for prom. Enjoy the evening and Have fun with it

Okay I'm wearing the gowns then - I love dressing up! I actually wear less formal dresses every night for dinner anyways. My friends and I like to pretend we're on Titanic :-D

And send your significant other over to Penney's or some such place (even Amazon) and get a tux. Or come sit at my table! We dress up for a number of reasons, and fun is one of them!!

Okay I'm wearing the gowns then - I love dressing up! I actually wear less formal dresses every night for dinner anyways. My friends and I like to pretend we're on Titanic :-D
If you like to pretend you are on the Titanic, gowns may not be at the top of your packing list. You do know how that ended, right?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I think both look great! I hope your S/O dresses at the same level, you will make a lovely couple and the photos will be awesome.

Enjoy your cruise, there will be plenty of folks who dress down from the suggested attire as that is how they are most comfortable, you should be equally comfortable dressing up and looking great!