Private Car Tour - Suggested places

helensobol

I have been searching around the boards and various reviews. It seems like a private car tour in Cozumel might be the best idea for us. I'm going to use Tour Plaza or Black Hat but I'm more concerned on best places to stop...

My daughter is 9 so I'm looking for fun stops for her so far I thought maybe hte following:

1. Lighthouse and croc lagoon (punta sur)

2. chocolate factory

3. small ruin site (san gervasio)

4. el mirador

are these good spots? what else?

I have been searching around the boards and various reviews. It seems like a private car tour in Cozumel might be the best idea for us. I'm going to use Tour Plaza or Black Hat but I'm more concerned on best places to stop...

My daughter is 9 so I'm looking for fun stops for her so far I thought maybe hte following:

1. Lighthouse and croc lagoon (punta sur)

2. chocolate factory

3. small ruin site (san gervasio)

4. el mirador

are these good spots? what else?

We have used ToursPlaza many times with different sized groups.

I have just posted recommended tour ideas and family suggestions on another thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54948837&postcount=7

Your above ideas are good but keep in mind they all involve admission fees in addition to tour. Chocolate factory you may have to pre-book. Not sure how long you are planning on having a driver but visiting all those places will add up timewise.

Our first visit we did a general tour round island, Punta Sur, El Mirador and a few other photo ops and lunch in about 4 hours, I think. Obviously depends how long you linger of course but I think Chocolate is about 1 hour (at set times) and San Gervasio 30-60 minutes depending on whether you do outlying ruins. El Mercado will give her a local experience.

We have used ToursPlaza many times with different sized groups.

I have just posted recommended tour ideas and family suggestions on another thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54948837&postcount=7

Your above ideas are good but keep in mind they all involve admission fees in addition to tour. Chocolate factory you may have to pre-book. Not sure how long you are planning on having a driver but visiting all those places will add up timewise.

Our first visit we did a general tour round island, Punta Sur, El Mirador and a few other photo ops and lunch in about 4 hours, I think. Obviously depends how long you linger of course but I think Chocolate is about 1 hour (at set times) and San Gervasio 30-60 minutes depending on whether you do outlying ruins. El Mercado will give her a local experience.

We're doing a private keep tour with Cozumel Cruise Excursions. They include all entrance fees in the cost, as well as lunch, and water and beer in the jeep (you can drive, but if you drink, the guide will drive you).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're doing a private keep tour with Cozumel Cruise Excursions. They include all entrance fees in the cost, as well as lunch, and water and beer in the jeep (you can drive, but if you drink, the guide will drive you).

Not sure how much you are paying per person, or how long your tour is but I have been to all the places the OP asked about (on different days) and if ALL the entrance fees AND lunch were included in the custom drivers charge I am not sure how the price could cover his own overheads and profit and it would have to be quite a lengthy tour.

Did you book with “dot com” or “dot net”? I have found it very confusing over the years that these two companies have such similar names. Please report back and let us know how it went.

Not sure how much you are paying per person, or how long your tour is but I have been to all the places the OP asked about (on different days) and if ALL the entrance fees AND lunch were included in the custom drivers charge I am not sure how the price could cover his own overheads and profit and it would have to be quite a lengthy tour.

Did you book with “dot com” or “dot net”? I have found it very confusing over the years that these two companies have such similar names. Please report back and let us know how it went.

This is the dot net which gets very good reviews on TripAdvisor. It is $69 each which I thought was reasonable. They specifically say you don't pay for anything else except to tip the guide. I'll have to let you know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the dot net which gets very good reviews on TripAdvisor. It is $69 each which I thought was reasonable. They specifically say you don't pay for anything else except to tip the guide. I'll have to let you know how it goes!

Yes please do. I would be interested to know which snorkeling beach bar they take you to now - it has been a while since I saw a review on here.

It is difficult to tell from the website but I read it that - there is a basic tour (fees included)

and then a list of options at the end ( not necessarily included?) - I am sure the price wouldn’t include the price for swimming with dolphins,for example?

Anyway enjoy your day and do let us know how it goes.

• 6 months later...

Beachlover1989, how was the Custom Private Cozumel Jeep Tour? The .net one. I'm considering it and am looking for feedback. Thanks!

The current website indicates lunch is included at two different beach bars - which one did you actually go To?

Many people have reported that the driver was unable to drive you out of town (due to union rules) and some have said they had to drive back into town at the end. What was your experience? Driving out is bad enough, driving back in after Tequila tasting, cooler of beer and stops seems to defeat the object of having a driver for the rest of the tour.