Have you ever shared a UCP (Ultimate Cruise Plan / Unlimited internet)?

Master98

Hi,

210 USD for unlimited internet is a bit spicy for a Canadian paying in CAD. Have you ever shared a UCP (Ultimate Cruise Plan / Unlimited internet) with another passenger (Roll Call)? If yes, how did you proceed? Would you do it again or not?

Thank you :)

Hi,

210 USD for unlimited internet is a bit spicy for a Canadian paying in CAD. Have you ever shared a UCP (Ultimate Cruise Plan / Unlimited internet) with another passenger (Roll Call)? If yes, how did you proceed? Would you do it again or not?

Thank you :)

Great question - I am going to be on the Epic 1/27 cruise and would love to do this if it is legal to do!

The plan is billed to one person and only one person can log in at a time. If you can trust the other person not to over use, it could work. If someone forgets to log off, the clock keeps ticking and minutes are used up quickly.

Don

The plan is billed to one person and only one person can log in at a time. If you can trust the other person not to over use, it could work. If someone forgets to log off, the clock keeps ticking and minutes are used up quickly.

Don

The OP is talking about the unlimited plan, so using up minutes isn’t an issue.

A bigger problem is coordinating who can be online at what time. We share the plan within our cabin, and that can be a problem at times. On occasion, one of us wants to log on but the other is already online. If we aren’t together then it means you don’t know whether they are actually using it, in which case disconnecting them could be a problem, or have just forgotten to log off.

I wouldn’t want to be in that situation with someone that I don’t know all that well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever shared a UCP (Ultimate Cruise Plan / Unlimited internet) with another passenger (Roll Call)? If yes, how did you proceed?

On the Star last year, a roll call member offered to share her log in and the offer was quickly accepted. I think they used it in 1 hour increments - one had odd hours and the other even. I think this would work well on a cruise with a lot of sea days. Stay away from the ship computers and use your own laptop or phone as the speed is much faster.

It is very easy to share a plan among any number of people. The catch is that only one device can be connected at a time, and if a second device tries to connect it disconnects the first person. With that in mind it works best if the parties sharing are in the same cabin so that they can arrange who is online at any given time.

To do the sharing, you just share the login information - the user name and password, and any toher info that NCL requires to join the network (i don't remember if they want birth dates, cabin numbers, etc.) .

Don

The OP is talking about sharing the unlimited plan, so minutes are not an issue. Using one of the lesser plans, you are correct that minutes could be an issue.

Sort of a follow-up question, but related to the unlimited plan. How do you manage if you need 2 devices/people on the internet at the same time? We are looking at having to have both of us online at the same time for portions of our upcoming cruise. Is it limited to one per stateroom, or can a stateroom have multiple accounts?

Sort of a follow-up question, but related to the unlimited plan. How do you manage if you need 2 devices/people on the internet at the same time? We are looking at having to have both of us online at the same time for portions of our upcoming cruise. Is it limited to one per stateroom, or can a stateroom have multiple accounts?

You register a login individually, so each person in a room can have their own package.

The biggest problem, obviously, would be the cost of paying for multiple packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My plan is:

- To buy the unlimited internet package (210 USD) / Norwegian Escape

- To share my package with someone having an iPhone (via the roll call)

- To activate the "text" service available via the App NCL iConcierge

- To create a schedule of use (even hours = me; odd hours = co-user)

With the App, we would be able to text each other if we need to disconnect the other user.

I'm new to NCL, does my plan makes sense?

Each passenger can have their own Internet access, it is user based, not stateroom based.

My bff was on a cruise with me and used my login on my internet minutes I had gotten as a perk when I booked. IDK if she used it at the same time, but we were in dif rooms, dif bookings. I just gave her the log in info and she could go on whenever she wanted. Neither of us got kicked off, so I don't think we were on at the same time. Is it a must you be on at the same time? You cna sign up for the texting thru the app and communicate who's gonna be on and when.