Any suggestions for a novice alcohol drinker with the unlimited package? Thanks!

disagree a champagne or mimosa or bloody mary is perfect way to start the day

When on vacation, this is a must! If you have a breakfast cocktail or two in the morning, a few drinks by the pool, a pre-dinner cocktail, wine with dinner, post-dinner cocktail(s), you will break even on your package. If you spread them out and throughout the day and be sure to drink water, as well, you will be fine. Have fun!

I learned two new drinks that I loved on my cruise a few weeks ago.

Caipirinha - a Brazilian drink with rum, mint, sugar, and soda water

BBC - Baileys banana colada

We worked our way through the menu with the 10 drink card. We also enjoyed the Mezcal Strawberry Pepperita.

Stick with the mixed drinks. Stay away from the stupid fruity crap in the flashing-light hurricane RC logo glasses they walk around trying to pawn. That is all mixer and no booze ... and they charge u a fortune for it. Another RC rip-off.

Find a bar you like near to where you'll be ... and tip the bartender nicely on ur first round. Yes, I know you don't have to tip with the drink package .. but do it anyway ... especially ur first round with someone new. Youll get quick service and good drinks.

Do keep them simple ... no SIngapore Slings or Yellowbird Deepthroat Mamas .. or whatever .. keep it to the basics ... Captain and Coke ... Goose and Soda .. that kind of thing. Martini's are good too because they can't fudge a drink that's mostly liquor.

Don't give RC (or any cruise line) the chance to rip u off at the bar .. because they will.

When on vacation, this is a must! If you have a breakfast cocktail or two in the morning, a few drinks by the pool, a pre-dinner cocktail, wine with dinner, post-dinner cocktail(s), you will break even on your package. If you spread them out and throughout the day and be sure to drink water, as well, you will be fine. Have fun!

I would pay 100 a day if I could get a package for our nyc trips , anybody who thinks drinks are exspensive on rccl should not visit nyc, which I love

Awesome advice, thanks! Thanks all!

Everyone is sort of different but there are some guidelines as some have mentioned already. Limit the desert/sugary drinks to very few. Stuff like Mud Slides, White Russians, all the cream based liquors. These will all make you feel horrible later in the evening and next day. Some say not to mix, I personally have no problems mixing types. I very often do Beers and Cocktails in the after noon, Cocktails pre-Dinner, wine with dinner, maybe one desert type drink, and stick to cocktails late evening. But, I usually stick to the same liquor types in the evening. If I start the evening with a Rye/whiskey based drink, I stick to those for the rest of the evening. Old Fashioneds, Scotch, Manhattans, Sazeracs, Rye & Ginger. If I started with a Gin based Drink, then it is Gin & Tonics, Moscow Mules (I know it is Vodka, but they are both clear liquors and can go from one or the other), Gin or Vodka Gimlets. I stay away from the LIIT (Long Island Ice Tea) type of dinks in the evening. Only in the afternoon.

If you want to try a nice Aperitif drink before dinner, Try an Aperol Spritz. If you like Orange, Aperol is Also Italian but is not as Bitter as it's relative Campari.

Afternoon Pool side Favorites:

Frozen Mojito

Moscow Mule

LIIT

Mai Tai

Margarita

Gin & Tonic

and of course... Beer (I like the hoppy stuff when in the sun)

Favorite Breakfast Cocktails:

Mimosa

Bloody Caesar

Irish Coffee

Drink lots of water. I always give that advice and never follow it myself :rolleyes:

More references available upon request ;p

Enjoy Your Deluxe package... and cruise

dp

Just order anything you think you may like and if you don't after a couple of sips leave it and get something else.

Hopefully Royal Caribbean crew are kinder than other lines.... I had a package on my last NON RC cruise and when i didn't like a drink I was trying out I would , do just that , couple of sips and want to order another. I figured the servers would be happy (more drink gratuities) but almost all... had a "oh what a wasteful American" attitude towards us. So I sincerely hope the OP has better luck with this method, on RC

... I figured the servers would be happy (more drink gratuities) ...

The servers get a percentage of the gratuities charged when drink packages are purchased. They don't get more gratuities if they serve more beverage package drinks.

When I was a lot younger, if I was on an all expenses paid work related trip, I would go through all the adverts and try each drink with each of the obvious mixers. I had the tolerance to handle it then and still be ok for the business meeting the next day.

Not so fortunate these days. Low tolerance and I feel the effects the next day. So I don't drink much but a word of caution. On one cruise, we were in a suite where drinks are complementary during happy hour. I ordered a JD and coke, then another and then another. Came close to getting seriously drunk and embarrassing myself. Luckily I realised before it was too late and stopped drinking.

Beers are fine but spirits can catch up on your unexpectedly in my experience. Good to enjoy yourself but nobody wants to be the drunk nuisance.

Does anyone know if they are able to make a grasshopper for an after dinner drink?

I can't think of a single bar on a ship that could not make that.

Well, except for the temporary portable ones they setup by the pool. ;-)

dp

I’m a lightweight too. I loved the mudslide. Here’s the list I took with me after doing some research

Lava flow

Miami vice

Caribbean cooler (mixed)

Blue Hawaiian (mixed

Bahamas papa (rum, creme de banana, with pineapple and orangeo juice)

Frozen mudslide

BBC (Bailey's banana colada)

Frozen margaritas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless it is mixed with the complimentary suite lounge vodka. Unfortunately this is from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cape Codder. 😉

No issues with Nieu Amsterdam for me. 😁

However, the OP is referring to a drink pkg outside of the loyalty lounges

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

First off, I am not a light weight. I weigh about 260, mostly muscle, and back in college I had a good tolerance for alcohol.

Second, I am getting the package because my brother and I are sharing a room and he wants it.

Third, Adventure of the Seas.

Fourth, I like the flavor of alcohol but I am not much of a partier so I rarely get more then beer.

Basically, what cocktails or liquers should I try? I know this is something of a random question but I am curious if anyone has suggestions.

I am thinking I will get whiskey and bourbon and try them both side by side. Ditto with types of rum and tequila. Thinking about trying some of the classic like a long island iced tea, mudslide, whiskey sour, ect. I like most of the sweet tropical cocktails (mojitos, ect.) and I am very willing to experiment.

well I don't drink much either so the UBP is a waste for me. but my roommate is a fish.

1. calories are high in most drinks

2. don't much like to taste

My plan is try a few drinks but only a sip or two, I like soda which is not include or water. maybe ice tea

1. Pace yourself. Its not a sprint.

2. Slushy drinks are good on sea days, when you grab a recliner by the pool and reading a book. My favorite is a Blue Hawaiian. Not sure whats in it, but its yummy.

3. My go to drink for dinner is a good bourbon on the rocks. On occasion when I thin it, I use a little ginger ale. Last cruise they were serving Buffalo Trace. A very decent bourbon. Not a top five, but good.

4. We usually get a drink for the shows too. We treat them as after dinner drinks. Usually its Bailey's Irish Crème on the rocks.

Gook luck. Have fun Don't over do it.