filet in Oceanview Grill at night?

39august

On another post someone stated he had filet in Oceanview Grill two dinners on one of the S class ships. I never saw any filets there on our recent Silhoutte cruise. Can you request a filet? Every night but one there were thin strip steaks. One night there were decent looking rib eyes. Also, I was disappointed that I never saw salmon available at the grill.

On another post someone stated he had filet in Oceanview Grill two dinners on one of the S class ships. I never saw any filets there on our recent Silhoutte cruise. Can you request a filet? Every night but one there were thin strip steaks. One night there were decent looking rib eyes. Also, I was disappointed that I never saw salmon available at the grill.

Good luck on getting a good filet at a buffet. It would also seem to be counter to Celebrity's making a buck $$$ at every point to offer one for free (I am assuming). I have never seen a 'for fee' item other than alcohol and fresh squeezed OJ on / in the buffet/in buffet area.

Guess it could happen.

Will be on Silhouette myself soon and will at least see what they are doing that week and report back.

My last sailing on the Equinox in November, the Oceanview had salmon, tilapia, snapper, pork chops, and steak for grilling in the evening. Excellent preparation and delicious taste!

I have not seen filet mignon at the Oceanview. Sorry 'bout that.

Maybe the guy who said "filet" just meant some sort of steak. I couldn't imagine a filet for free either. That's why I asked.

They do have steaks. I looked at them in past and they are pretty thin and thus passed on them. I do not recall if it was nightly as since it was not appealing to me.

Good luck on getting a good filet at a buffet. It would also seem to be counter to Celebrity's making a buck $$$ at every point to offer one for free (I am assuming). I have never seen a 'for fee' item other than alcohol and fresh squeezed OJ on / in the buffet/in buffet area.

That would be previously frozen fresh squeezed OJ

We always book late traditional dinner so often sneak up to the buffet for 6pm snack. On our two Equinox sailings last year in addition to the regular pork, lamb and chicken offerings also saw a variety of beef and fish. Some of the steaks were thin strip ones but also ribeye which was very good. Seafood included salmon, tilapia, swordfish and jumbo shrimp. Varied by night.