2 Bottles Per Stateroom

We were on Oasis in Oct. C & A wine and wine from TA had stickers. I open the wine before I take it to MDR just to avoid possible corkage fee. One bottle, not with sticker, the cork broke. The Maitre D' saw this, whipped out his corkscrew and opened the bottle for me. No corkage fee! The wait staff work for tips. I've never been charged a corkage fee. RCCL needs to get rid of this stupid rule.

We were on Oasis in Oct. C & A wine and wine from TA had stickers. I open the wine before I take it to MDR just to avoid possible corkage fee. One bottle, not with sticker, the cork broke. The Maitre D' saw this, whipped out his corkscrew and opened the bottle for me. No corkage fee! The wait staff work for tips. I've never been charged a corkage fee. RCCL needs to get rid of this stupid rule.

I agree.

How do they coordinate the bottles in checked luggage vs carry-on x multiple bags and people from the same cabin going through security separately? That seems like an awful lot of logistics x4000 passengers.

They usually don't coordinate.

Corkage fee is not specifically for opening the bottle. It may be applied if you bring an open bottle in.

It is a fee to offset the loss of revenue from you bringing in the bottle versus buying it from them.

But corkage is not evenly charged at all on RCI ships.

How do they coordinate the bottles in checked luggage vs carry-on x multiple bags and people from the same cabin going through security separately? That seems like an awful lot of logistics x4000 passengers.

They don't.

Some have reported two pax, two bottles in each carry on was no problem. Others have reported 2 in carry on and 2 in checked was OK also.

Of course, YMMV.

Does anyone know if this includes Champaign? Also, are they going to try to charge us if we ask them to open these at dinner time? I mean I can ask for a wine opener and do it myself lol.

Corkage fee will apply in dining room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port is supposedly banned, but I don't think that anyone working in the terminals has any idea. ;)

Your right they don't check as we take 1 bottle of Wolf Blass Port and 1 bottle of Champaign and never have any problems bring them on board.We only drink the Port in the evening on our balcony with coffee.

I have heard of people bringing a case of water on board. Either just as is with a luggage tag or in a suitcase. Can anyone advise?

Technically against the rules, but they usually allow water and soda.

So we can check two in our luggage and they will go through X-ray machine...if it looks like a wine bottle we are good to go. So if I find a bourbon that looks like a wine bottle I could be okay? Anyone have luck with that? The wife like bourbon...what can I say?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we can check two in our luggage and they will go through X-ray machine...if it looks like a wine bottle we are good to go. So if I find a bourbon that looks like a wine bottle I could be okay? Anyone have luck with that? The wife like bourbon...what can I say?

As long as you are prepared to lose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They're likely going to physically check items packed in luggage.

With carry on, they xray and may or may not look at the bottle.

With checked luggage, they xray, and will hold the luggage in the naughty room/area. You will have to go down, open to show them the wine bottles, then take the luggage up to your cabin.

With carry on, they xray and may or may not look at the bottle.

With checked luggage, they xray, and will hold the luggage in the naughty room/area. You will have to go down, open to show them the wine bottles, then take the luggage up to your cabin.

Correct, but the security staff there will likely have no knowledge that you carried 2, or 4 :eek: , on already.

FWIW, the porters in Port Canaveral always ask if you have wine or champagne in your checked bags and tell you to remove it.

I do not condone bringing on more than the allowed wine allowance. :halo: