Aruba - which beach do you prefer

We want a relaxing day without a ton of children. Which beach would you recommend?

We go to Palm Beach, easily reachable using the city bus for $2 pp, each way. Pier with restaurant and rest rooms nearby.

You may also want to check on the Aruba forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168

We have been to 3, Arashi, Baby Bay, and Palm. If I had to choose one it would be Arashi.

That looks farther up the coast than Palm. Does the city bus go out that far, and are there facilities at the beach? We're always interested in checking out a new place.

That looks farther up the coast than Palm. Does the city bus go out that far, and are there facilities at the beach? We're always interested in checking out a new place.

Hi Bob,

I am very pleased to be able to response to your question since you seem to know everything and help us always. Although we have not been there for several years, we have used their autobus from the second visit. Normally go up to Boca Cataline or Malmok for snorkling. Finally went up to Arashi by bus one year. Only issue to go further than "hotel run route," you need to check the schedule as the frequency will be much less than those of "hotel run route." You will need to walk a little bit from the last bus stop at Arashi. If I remember correctly, it is not a swimming beach.

Hi Bob,

I am very pleased to be able to response to your question since you seem to know everything and help us always. Although we have not been there for several years, we have used their autobus from the second visit. Normally go up to Boca Cataline or Malmok for snorkling. Finally went up to Arashi by bus one year. Only issue to go further than "hotel run route," you need to check the schedule as the frequency will be much less than those of "hotel run route." You will need to walk a little bit from the last bus stop at Arashi. If I remember correctly, it is not a swimming beach.

Ah, that's good information, as we would like to swim a bit. Thanks!

Hi Bob,

I was just at Arashi in November and it was a very nice beach and very swimable. Hardly any grass compared to Palm. The sand was really nice. Parking lot next to beach. Google maps shows bus stop at Arashi. I think he was saying it was a long walk from Malmok stop to snorkling.

I was just at Arashi in November and it was a very nice beach and very swimable. Hardly any grass compared to Palm. The sand was really nice. Parking lot next to beach. Google maps shows bus stop at Arashi. I think he was saying it was a long walk from Malmok stop to snorkling.

Food and bar nearby? Changing area/restrooms?

Bus 10/10A/10B runs past Eagle and Palm beach as far as the Marriott about every 20 minutes. But there are a ton of vans that do the same route for $2US pp. They are not allowed into the bus depot in town and drop off adjacent to it. No AC, though. Official site is arubus.com

Edited by LeeW
more

Oops sorry for misinformation about the beach. What I remembered must be a walk from Arashi bus stop to lighthouse and the wrong beach further up.

Bus 10/10A/10B runs past Eagle and Palm beach as far as the Marriott about every 20 minutes. But there are a ton of vans that do the same route for $2US pp. They are not allowed into the bus depot in town and drop off adjacent to it. No AC, though. Official site is arubus.com

Aruba buses were very nice and clean and frequent if you wanted to go to the "hotel." Will vans go up to Arashi or to Malmok for the same rate?

• 1 month later...

We rented a vehicle on Aruba. We drove to Arashi Beach and had a great time. We stopped at a grocery store, purchased a cooler and ice. All 5 of us chose several drinks. Total for the cooler, ice and 3 drinks a piece was less than $25. Picked up some Pringles, too.

Rented chairs at the beach $7 each and was able to get one of the palapas for shade. Nice to have your face in the shade and your a bunch of your trunk in the shade.

We saw the stand but we were set with what we brought. Since there were 5 of us the price of the car and the flexibility worked great. There is also a portalet there which was closer to us than walking up to the pay restroom.

Great day at the beach and not crowded at all compared to the Palm Beach area. Nothing wrong with Palm but we preferred the lack of people at Arashi. No vendors either.