Vintages - still doing wine pairing dinner? LOS

ArchMom

Hi all! On a cruise compass/daily I had seen for Liberty of the Seas there was a note/event on most nights that a wine pairing dinner was available in Vintages ($). But a more recent one from Sept 2017 didn't have it listed. Any chance they're still offering it, just not putting it in the compass? MIL loves wine, and this would be a nice treat for her. Thanks!

Hi all! On a cruise compass/daily I had seen for Liberty of the Seas there was a note/event on most nights that a wine pairing dinner was available in Vintages ($). But a more recent one from Sept 2017 didn't have it listed. Any chance they're still offering it, just not putting it in the compass? MIL loves wine, and this would be a nice treat for her. Thanks!

I don't know if they are still holding that dinner, but I wanted you to know that the dinner is nothing other than whatever the MDR is serving that night. Not a special food menu specfic to Vintages.

Thanks Bob! I had read it was the regular meal - it’ll still be nice to be able to get matching wines for each course :) We usually try for the chefs table for some nicer food and wine pairing combo. We shall see!

Thanks Bob! I had read it was the regular meal - it’ll still be nice to be able to get matching wines for each course :) We usually try for the chefs table for some nicer food and wine pairing combo. We shall see!

You're welcome. We felt that for the price they were asking (which escapes me), it was too expensive for the wine we were getting.

I will respectfully disagree with Bob. The wine parings elevated the dining room food and we really enjoyed the experience.

They were the food and beverage highlight of our Liberty cruise

Hopefully you had a better quality of wine than we were offered.

The wine was a mix. Some lower cost, others more expensive. All paired very well. I feel it was a decent value for what we paid. I am trying to remember the cost per person.

It was a fun option as a chefs table alternative (which I also like)

• 2 months later...

follow up - we went, and they did advertise this on day 5 and 6, i believe. we had such fab waiters in the main dining for our big group, and some of us had brought some of our own nice bottles of wine, that we ended up just opening them at the dining rm. my inlaws did thoroughly enjoy the Caymus wine tasting that was offered early in the cruise.

We did this last week on Freedom. Meal was definitely not an MDR meal. Yes, the wines were a mix of less expensive/more expensive. We really enjoyed it. There was a lobster salad to start, a choice of mains (a seafood platter - salmon, shrimp & scallops), a meat dish - filet mignon, rack of lamb, and sausage and (for a small(!!) upcharge) lobster. It was $45 per person. We felt it was worth it.