Best place to stay in Seattle before and after Alaska Cruise??

Dar&Kev

We will be arriving a few days before our cruise actually sails from Seattle and would like to get suggestions on where to stay. We will also stay one night after the cruise as well. Also, what would you recommend to do while in Seattle? We will be there 5/17, 5/18, and 5/26. The airport is so far from the port that I know staying downtown is probably the place to stay and the rates reflect that. Some hotels have shuttles to the immediate area but I understand that a lot of the attractions are within walking distance if staying downtown. What are your thoughts?

We will be arriving a few days before our cruise actually sails from Seattle and would like to get suggestions on where to stay. We will also stay one night after the cruise as well. Also, what would you recommend to do while in Seattle? We will be there 5/17, 5/18, and 5/26. The airport is so far from the port that I know staying downtown is probably the place to stay and the rates reflect that. Some hotels have shuttles to the immediate area but I understand that a lot of the attractions are within walking distance if staying downtown. What are your thoughts?

Marriott Waterfront

One cruise pier across the street

Aquarium nearby

Pike's Place Market nearby

Pioneer Square (and underground)

Many excellent restaurants w/i walking distance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We spent 4 days there before our cruise last in 2016. We stayed north of the city. It was close to the north area, with the space needle, Chihuly, and EMP museum. And then we could take the cheap tram to get into the downtown easily.

I wrote up info in my review, it's in my signature.

Best varies by person based on many factors.

Type of hotel, location, amenities provide, cost, etc.

I would recommend staying downtown.

I also recommend posting this on the West Coast Board where you will get a lot of people who frequent that site who can give you additional recommendations.

It is located at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=55

I also find that Cruise Critic's sister site at http://www.tripadviso.com is a terrific site to find a hotel to book and also to find recommendations on restaurants.

Keith

While there don't miss Pike's Market and the interesting food and shops there. Also there's a very tall bank building near the football stadium where you can get a terrific view from 44th floor for $2. Beats paying $15 at the Space Needle.