What's the advantages of

Suzcruz57

C1. C2. or C3 cabins? Location?

Absolutely. But be careful, as some C1 cabins' locations aren't as good as some C2. That's subjective, of course, but as with other cabin categories, Celebrity's rankings and yours may not coincide.

C1. C2. or C3 cabins? Location?

There are almost no advantages of any Concierge class cabin over veranda class cabins on the S-class ships other than location. We usually sail the S-class ships and sometime I book a Concierge class cabin if there are no acceptable Veranda class cabins available (we prefer cabins on the non-smoking side near the front of the ship). I'm not sure about the aft facing cabins but the interior of all of the standard Veranda and Concierge class cabins are identical on S-class ships.

I would say the biggest advantage is the embarkation lunch. A lovely peaceful lunch in the MDR. Also I like cabin location and the free wine. For our next cruise Concierge was cheaper than Obstructed Verandah so that was a no brained for me.

We're not a fan of the embarkation lunch, the menu is far too limited. We walked out and went the the buffet. Agreed that the concierge is a far better choice than the obstructed view. The free wine loses its value with beverage packages.

We have an aft balcony? I'm hoping the balcony is larger than regular ones and maybe a bathtub?

If you're on an S class ship, the aft balconies (concierge class) are the same size as other balconies; however, if you're on an M class, the aft balconies are enormous!

As for bathtub . . . no tubs in any concierge class.

Our favorite cabins on the S-class ships are the 1A's with the larger slanted balconies. We have found no reason to book concierge unless there is a special deal, as is often offered for on-board bookings, where you get to choose 2 perks if you book concierge class or above...and only one if you book a 1A or lower.

If you value a rear view....C1's are great on s-class. If you want a larger balcony, save some (usually lots of ) money and book a 1A cabin at the 1B price since you are captain's club. If you booked C1, you just pay the C1 price...no upgrade from C2 to C1.

If you're on an S class ship, the aft balconies (concierge class) are the same size as other balconies; however, if you're on an M class, the aft balconies are enormous!

As for bathtub . . . no tubs in any concierge class.

Aft balconies, both Concierge and Sunset Veranda, vary significantly in size and can be quite a bit bigger than other balconies. The photos of Eclipse cabin 1674 in this post provide a good example: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43204801&postcount=14