Power

WanderingRN84

So I know I cannot bring a power strip or extension cord but can I bring a multiport USB charger? What are power sources that are allowed? Thanks!

You can bring a power strip, non surge protected.

You can bring USB chargers, non surge protected.

Extension cords seem questionable, but you can request one if you need it.

We have to take a power adapter pretty much every cruise.

The previous posters are correct, but only us frequent CC readers know about not bringing any device with a surge protector. Even though surge protectors are dangerous, and useless on a ship, they are not mentioned in Celebrity's "do not bring on board" list. This is also true for most other cruise lines that I have checked anyway. I don't know what it is going to take to get the cruise lines to specifically call out surge protectors, I hope it is not a disaster.......

I bring a 5 port USB charger that is not surge protected and plugs into a normal plug. It works great and us perfect to charge both phones, tablet and Kindles. It's made by Lumsing and we purchased it on Amazon. It is too strong for the fitbits however, so those need to be plugged in separately.

Does anyone know if the power strips (none surge protector) are allowed on certain cruises only? We had ours confiscated last time in 2015 ( did not have surge protection) and weren't going to pack one This time. But it really helps out when you are non US (rather than buying a heap of converters)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I believe the default is to confiscate every power strip and extension cord they find. These are security people screening your luggage and not electricians. It's possible that what you bring would be perfectly fine, but they're not going to trust the security people to make that decision. That's why on some of these threads you'll see reports of "I insisted so they called someone who checked it out and cleared it." They're obviously not going to do that for thousands of people every cruise, though. The small multi-plug adapters are your best bet because there are no cords for them to see in the first place.